This research service covers the global opportunities in 2017 for pumps companies in the top 3 end-user industry segments (water and wastewater, food and beverages, and construction). It offers regional analysis of how economic factors will impact the market. Opportunities in all end-user industry applications for pump manufacturers are highlighted, including: oil and gas (upstream, midstream, and downstream); power generation; chemicals and petrochemicals; water and wastewater; construction/cement; food and beverages; metals and mining; and pharmaceuticals. Global economic changes and the impact on end-user industry trends and aftermarket services are detailed as well.
The study outlines the latest trends in terms of industry, economy, and technology across the top 3 industry segments for centrifugal and positive displacement (PD) pumps across the globe. Geographic segmentation is divided by North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East and Africa. The study period is 2016-2017. The study concludes with a competitive analysis of top pump participants and elaborates on their strengths and weaknesses for 2017.
Top Predictions for 2017:
- Oil Price Rally Likely Running Out of Steam: According to the international benchmark, Brent crude is expected to settle at less than $55 on account of bearish sentiments from speculators, which indicates rising possibilities that the oil rally, indeed, could be running out of steam.
- End-User Impact: Coupled with a warm winter and increasing demand for gasoline, US refineries are operating at their highest capacity utilization driving up growth opportunities for pumps across the globe. Rising investments in biotechnology for wastewater treatment along with booming fracking activities in the United States are pushing up demand for PD pumps.
- Consolidation Market on Overdrive: Hectic global competition is driving the global pumps market to consolidation, exemplified by a string of mergers and acquisitions in 2015. Compelling, fresh, and strategic perspectives on collaboration and consolidation will be necessary to drive long-term growth of larger market participants in the high-growth markets.
- Energy Efficiency at the Forefront: With end users focusing on cost cutting, new technologies offering energy savings and operational excellence will be winners. Sensorization, data deluge, and focus on analytics and cost savings are helping to drive the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). New entrants are challenging incumbents, as traditional pump manufacturers continue to do more of the same. The transformative business value that IIoT has on the process equipment industry is immense.
- Global pumps industry growth in 2017 is expected to be driven by the Asia-Pacific and North American regions.
- Key end-user industries presenting growth opportunities for pump manufacturers in 2017 include water & wastewater and chemicals.
- Innovation and investment in R&D will remain the key focus for global pump manufacturers in 2017.
- Robotics is gaining prominence in upstream processing applications and primary packaging.
- Growing innovations in new applications for robotics are expected to bring new opportunities for the pumps industry globally.
- Stiff competition from European and Asian pumps manufacturers is likely to affect North American pumps sales, as these may be viewed as viable alternatives to American pumps due to their improved quality and competitive pricing strategy.
- Massive CAPEX investments are being planned in the specialty chemicals segment, which is opening up immense opportunities for process equipment manufacturers from all over the world.
- Manufacturers offering a comprehensive package constituting flow control solution and automation technologies along with diagnostic capabilities are at a competitive advantage.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Scope and Segmentation
3. Global Economic Outlook, 2017
4. Pumps Industry Outlook, 2017
5. End-Industries Outlook, 2017
6. Commercial Pumps Outlook, 2017
7. Competitive Outlook
8. Technology Outlook
9. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
10. Winners of 2016-Global Pumps Industry
11. Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
12. Key Conclusions
13. The Last Word
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/r538dn/strategic_outlook