NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Elliott Management Corporation (“Elliott”), which manages funds that collectively beneficially own a 13.2% economic interest in Arconic Inc. (NYSE:ARNC) (“Arconic” or the “Company”), today released a new video on NewArconic.com titled “Meet the Shareholder Nominees.”
The new video shows that while questions about the Company’s slate continue to linger, the independence, qualifications, and operating experience of the nominees put forward by Elliott (the “Shareholder Nominees”) are beyond debate. Specifically:
- The Shareholder Nominees possess deep industry knowledge and extensive operating experience.
- The Shareholder Nominees are completely independent – they will have no ties with Elliott.
- The Shareholder Nominees would add a combined 80 years of industry experience (including at the Company and its closest competitor, Precision Castparts Corporation) to the Arconic Board.
- One of the Shareholder Nominees is a former industrial and materials executive who has run multiple CEO searches.
- The Shareholder Nominees would be ready on day one to start creating value for shareholders as constructive members of the Arconic Board.
Arconic’s Board has acknowledged that all of the Shareholder Nominees are highly qualified, independent and worthy of Board membership – at one point even offering to add two of them to its slate. However, at this point, we remain convinced that the only realistic way to produce the kind of change Arconic needs is through the election of all four of the highly qualified Shareholder Nominees to Arconic’s Board.
The Shareholder Nominees each have impressive track records of performance and results:
- Chris Ayers is the former head of the Forging Division at Precision Castparts (“PCC”). At PCC, Chris started out as an operations manager for one of its casting facilities. Within six months he was promoted to general manager of that business. He did so well that PCC gave him multi-plant responsibility for similar facilities in England, and he was eventually promoted to lead a whole division of facilities in PCC’s forging business. After eight years, he left to join Alcoa as the COO of Alcoa’s Cast, Forged, and Extruded Products Business – part of EPS. Chris’s help was subsequently needed in the aluminum smelting business, so he was promoted to Executive Vice President and President of Global Primary Products (aluminum smelting, alumina refining and bauxite mining), which he ran for two years before leaving to become CEO of a private company. Chris is a no-nonsense operator, and he knows Arconic well.
- Elmer Doty is the former President and CEO of Vought Aircraft Industries (“Vought”) – one of the largest producers of commercial and military aerostructures. Under Elmer’s leadership, Vought increased revenues from $1.3 billion to $1.9 billion and net income from negative $230 million to positive $330 million. Immediately prior to Vought, Elmer was Executive Vice President of United Defense Industries. Between United Defense and Vought, Elmer managed two businesses that were major customers of Alcoa and Arconic. Elmer has a long track record of success at improving difficult businesses through operational excellence and restructuring. He will help Arconic's management bring an exacting attention to detail to its approach.
- Bernd Kessler is the former CEO of SR Technics, a world-leading maintenance and repair organization for the civil aviation sector. Bernd has spent his career in the guts of the aerospace business. At SR Technics, Bernd’s job was simple: to fix planes – with no errors – as quickly and as cheaply as possible. He brings valuable insights from a long career as an international business executive, including as a director of Polaris Industries, former President and CEO of MTU Maintenance and former executive at Honeywell International. His strong background in engineering, operational excellence and organizational development will serve shareholders well in the boardroom.
- Patrice Merrin is the former Executive Vice President and COO of Sherritt International, a publicly traded Canadian natural resources company. Patrice brings extensive experience serving as a director of some of the most complex and challenging companies, and she is currently on the Board of Directors of Glencore, Stillwater Mining, and Novadaq Technologies. Having chaired two CEO search committees, Patrice knows how to take an objective look at an organization and determine what kind of leader it needs for the challenges it faces. She is a proven change-agent with a track record of implementing sound corporate governance practices and holding management teams accountable for their performance. She possesses the ideal fortitude for Arconic at this critical time.
Elliott encourages investors to watch the video in its entirety at NewArconic.com. If shareholders compare the track record of the current Board to the expertise and performance of the highly qualified, independent Shareholder Nominees, they will agree that voting the BLUE card is what is best for Arconic.
Watch the video in its entirety at http://newarconic.com/shareholder-information/videos/meet-the-shareholder-nominees/.
Elliott Associates, L.P. and Elliott International, L.P. (collectively, “Elliott”), together with the other participants in Elliott’s proxy solicitation, have filed a definitive proxy statement and accompanying BLUE proxy card with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) to be used to solicit proxies in connection with the 2017 annual meeting of shareholders (the “Annual Meeting”) of Arconic Inc. (the “Company”). Shareholders are advised to read the proxy statement and any other documents related to the solicitation of shareholders of the Company in connection with the Annual Meeting because they contain important information, including information relating to the participants in Elliott’s proxy solicitation. These materials and other materials filed by Elliott with the SEC in connection with the solicitation of proxies are available at no charge on the SEC’s website at http://www.sec.gov. The definitive proxy statement and other relevant documents filed by Elliott with the SEC are also available, without charge, by directing a request to Elliott’s proxy solicitor, Okapi Partners LLC, at its toll-free number 1-877-869-0171 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elliott Management Corporation manages two multi-strategy hedge funds which combined have more than $32 billion of assets under management. Its flagship fund, Elliott Associates, L.P., was founded in 1977, making it one of the oldest hedge funds under continuous management. The Elliott funds’ investors include pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, foundations, funds-of-funds, high net worth individuals and families, and employees of the firm.