BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wayfair Inc. (NYSE:W), one of the world's largest online destinations for home furnishings and décor, today announced the expansion of its outdoor offering at Wayfair.com to include an unparalleled selection of dining sets, fire pits, hammocks and storage sheds as well as thousands of exterior home renovation products such as outdoor lighting and outdoor flooring and tile. In addition, Wayfair has also broadened its Custom Outdoor Cushion program with more than 50 fabrics including over 35 Sunbrella options spanning a variety of styles, from stripes, geo and floral-inspired prints to textured solids. With one and two-day shipping on thousands of outdoor items, it is now faster than ever before for Wayfair shoppers to create and furnish spaces for outdoor living.
“This year, the peak outdoor season started off earlier and stronger than ever for us. Our customers are continually finding creative ways to make their outdoor spaces feel unique - either through big overhauls or more simple updates, such as swapping in new cushion fabrics,” noted Steve Oblak, senior vice president and general manager, Wayfair.com. “Wayfair is constantly updating its product selection to ensure shoppers can transform their outdoor spaces to match their individual styles and budgets – and we are proud to offer so many product options for customers in all regions throughout the entire year.”
Consumers’ are investing in their outdoor spaces in more ways than ever, driving new trends and product innovation across all categories. Top 2017 trends include:
- Half the Space, All the Style: For city and apartment dwellers, less is more. Compact outdoor furniture such as bistro sets and “fold and store” chairs are increasingly popular as well as novel items, such as half umbrellas, which fit perfectly on a small balcony, patio or deck.
- Bold Colors Surpass Neutral Tones: Consumers are getting more creative with outdoor furniture fabrics, moving away from neutrals toward vibrant colors as they look to bring the style and comfort of their indoor rooms outdoors. Red tops the list this year followed by navy and green.
- Designed to Last: From high-end grills to hard top gazebos and living room style furniture, consumers are investing more in their outdoor spaces as they spend more time outside with family and friends. To protect this investment, outdoor furniture covers have gained popularity and high quality Sunbrella fabrics are by far the top option for updating existing pieces.
- Technology-Powered Décor: LED lighting and solar features are infiltrating nearly every aspect of the outdoor category, most notably in décor, such as stakes, birdbaths, fountains and planters. In addition, self-watering planters have gone from “nice-to-have” to necessity.
“Shoppers rely on Wayfair.com to complete their outdoor projects no matter the size or budget, backed by great service and fast delivery,” continued Oblak. “Whether looking for a small, decorative accent for the garden or a more than 1,000-pound pizza oven to complete an outdoor kitchen, Wayfair continues to expand its unmatched selection as well as its one and two-day shipping options for our customers’ favorite products, so they can update their outdoor spaces quickly and easily.”
Wayfair’s Custom Outdoor Cushion program offers a broader assortment than ever, with more than 50 upholstery options spanning Sunbrella fabrics to other competitively priced selections, and the ability to select size, color, fabric and cut of cushions or pillows, which ship in just one to two weeks.
For shoppers looking to transform or refresh their outdoor spaces this summer, Wayfair is hosting a “Summer Preview Event” event through July 12 with up to 50 percent savings on fresh-air dining furniture, patio seating and pool chaises, and up to 60 percent savings on hammocks and porch swings. Wayfair will also host a Memorial Day sale on patio furniture May 22-30, a “Mid-Summer Outdoor Sale” July 12 to August 2, and a “Black Friday in July” sale July 24-28 with up to 70 percent savings on barbecue essentials, lawn and décor, hot tubs, sheds, gazebos and more.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, your home for affordable modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.38 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.