Asia is the largest and most populated continent on Earth. According to the IMF, Asia's total GDP was $25.3 trillion in 2014 accounting for 32.7% in $77.3 trillion global GDP. There is a growing demand for healthcare services in countries such as Japan due to the aging population. One-fourth of Japan's population is over the age of 65 years old.
Healthcare services deal with medical and remedial care service. Healthcare services also include furnishing medicine, medical or surgical treatment, nursing, hospital service, dental service, optometrical service and other complementary health services.
- Markets covered: Hospitals and Outpatient Care Centers, Home Health and Residential Nursing Care Services, Medical and Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Physicians and Other Healthcare Practitioners, Dental Services, Residential Substance Abuse and Mental Health Facilities, Veterinary Services.
- Markets compared: Healthcare Services, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Equipment.
- Companies mentioned: DaVita, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale AZ, Laboratory Corporation of America, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Quest Diagnostics, Inc., Cleveland Clinic, Brookdale Senior Living, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Sonic Healthcare Limited, Encompass home health and others.
- Regions: Asia
- Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
- Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, population, GDP, Healthcare Services Indicators Comparison, Number of Hospitals, Number of Hospital Beds.
- Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tf7c8q/asia_healthcare