DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Vehicle Platforms and Fuel Strategies of Car Manufacturers in India" report to their offering.
This research service focuses on various modular platform and fuel strategies of car manufacturers including competitive analysis, technology proliferation, and key manufacturer profiling. Car manufacturers in India are currently investing in modular platform development to minimize costs, enhance customer value, and offset the cost impact of emission compliance. Investments of over 21,000 crores in new vehicle platforms are expected to result in a 30% decline in the number of platforms by 2023.
Apart from direct material cost reduction through economies of scale, modular platforms are also expected to decrease the product development time and improve the model refresh cycles of car manufacturers. As a result, we anticipate that this reduction in product development time will also reduce the product lifecycles and thereby directly affect market dynamics.
With regards to fuel strategies, we anticipate a decline of conventional powertrain technologies and a rapid adoption of mild hybrid powertrains. This is expected to be a key strategy of car manufacturers to meet emission requirements while facilitating the market demand for high fuel efficiency.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer:
- How are OEMs developing their modular strategies to balance both global and regional requirements? How does it add value to the consumer?
- Which segments are OEMs targeting through their modular strategies? Which segments are vital to secure growth in India?
- How are OEMs leveraging platforms to reduce cost impact from new technologies, consumer needs, and impending government policies?
- How are OEMs restructuring their powertrain portfolio to best compete in the Indian market? Which OEMs are most likely to succeed?
- How much are OEMs investing to facilitate a transition to modular platforms? How is the transition likely to change the market dynamics?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Scope, Objectives, Background, and Methodology
3. Definitions and Segmentation
4. Indian Passenger Vehicle (PV) Market Overview
5. Overview of Key PV OEMs' Platform Strategies
6. Overview of Key PV OEM's Fuel Strategies
7. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
8. Platform and Fuel Strategies OEM Profiling
- Hyundai Group
- Maruti Suzuki Group
- Tata Motors Group
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4p2hrx/vehicle_platforms