The transition to a more decentralised and intelligent energy system will continue in 2017, driven by the continued regulatory support for renewable energy in a number of key markets.
The 3 Ds of energy are driving future investment - increased decentralisation, the need to decarbonise electricity generation, and digitisation to boost the sector's operational efficiency and open up new market opportunities. The highest growth rates will be for solar PV, with investment forecast to increase by 11.5% to 141.6 billion in 2017.
China continues to be the largest market in terms of revenue investment, but the fastest growth will come from India, which will see double-digit growth in investment to 2020. New business models that incentivise smarter consumption patterns, and the growth of energy storage technologies, will increasingly reduce the need for peak capacity investment in mature energy markets.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Scope and Segmentation
3. Key Global Trends to Watch - Power and Energy Market
4. Solar Power Market Outlook
5. Wind Power Market Outlook
6. Coal Power Market Outlook
7. Gas Power Market Outlook
8. Nuclear Power Market Outlook
9. Biomass Power Market Outlook
10. Hydropower Market Outlook
11. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
12. Key Conclusions
13. Appendix - Global Economic Outlook
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9wp62n/global_power