LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Baron, the worldwide provider of Critical Weather Intelligence®, revealed new revolutionary features for its one-of-a kind Baron Lynx weather platform, delivering powerful weather storytelling tools in an easy-to-use platform. The key to claiming market-differentiating weather is wrapped into stunning mapping with custom looks, exclusive Baron data and the new Baron Hand Tracker.
Recognized as the market-leading provider of storm tracking and location-specific severe weather, Baron has stormed the market with an extensive list of Lynx capabilities over the last year. “Baron has incorporated innovative new capabilities into Baron Lynx that delivers market differentiating weathercasts with stunning graphical power,” said Mike Mougey, Vice President of Broadcast Sales. “Combining great storytelling, a unique weather look and accurate information is how weather is won,” he added.
The professionally designed user interface delivers intuitive ease-of-use within this full-featured weather platform developed after extensive market research and user input. New features include revolutionary hand tracking, integrated GPS fleet tracking, fully editable forecast models and endless customization, along with new weather data from the upcoming GOES-16 satellite imagery and exclusive Baron Road Conditions. “As we’ve installed our new hand tracking and other features, the customer comments have been fantastic. We’ve delivered the hand tracking accuracy and usability that the market has needed,” said Steve Bray, Director of Broadcast Meteorology.
- Responsive hand tracking delivers more capabilities for live interaction at the Chroma key with artificial intelligence and machine learning to provide more accuracy, responsiveness and user confidence than any other system on the market.
- GPS tracking for news and weather fleets, including helicopters, are tracked directly on the map, enhancing weather coverage and telling a more complete story. GPS tracking service required.
- Exclusive Road Condition weather data clearly identifies conditions on major, minor and rural roadways.
- Endless customization and multiple mapping options ensure that stations’ weather displays look completely different from their competition.
- Simple forecast model editing allows a station’s meteorologists to fine-tune forecasts specifically for their region.
- Web-based tools allow meteorologists to easily populate a unified forecast across all digital channels.
- Beautiful daily and regional explainer graphics are provided each morning with ready-made weather stories to tell, along with the automated delivery of surface analysis four times a day.
- Quick and easy social media tools aggregate, import and send content to all platforms as a standard feature.
Baron continues to transform weather graphics and intelligence with capabilities that meet the needs of the ever-changing demands of broadcasters, offering flexible solutions and attractive pricing. All these features will be demonstrated at Baron’s booth at NAB – C6920.
Baron’s meteorological hardware, software and data are indispensable tools for organizations, businesses and individuals critically impacted by weather conditions. Baron’s world-class scientists are continuously inventing new and more effective ways to collect, interpret, package and display real-time, hyper-local meteorological information so that those who depend on the most precise weather intelligence for their safety and livelihood have access to professional decision-making solutions. Baron delivers critical weather intelligence when precision matters. Baron products are used in numerous industries such as automotive, transportation, aviation, insurance, marine, government and media. Major media outlets in North America trust Baron weather intelligence including major brands like CNN, AccuWeather, WeatherNation and The Weather Network. For more information, visit www.baronweather.com.
Media resources: Images and video examples are available at www.baronweather.com/howweatheriswonmedia/