WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of enterprise analytics and mobility software, unveiled MicroStrategy 10™ on Amazon Web Services (AWS), a revamped MicroStrategy Community, a newly-released Education catalog, and a new global academic program for customer success. The announcements were made at MicroStrategy World 2017 to thousands of MicroStrategy customers, partners, employees and business intelligence (BI) enthusiasts who attended in person and online. To view the conference keynotes, visit the MicroStrategy World 2017 website. Key highlights included:
- MicroStrategy 10 on AWS, to be made available this quarter, provides new tools and services that allow customers to deploy a cloud optimized version of the MicroStrategy 10 platform directly into the AWS Cloud.
- The MicroStrategy Community is receiving a complete revamp, making it an even better collaborative knowledge base. In the new community, new and returning visitors can learn technical tips and tricks, engage with peers to share new ideas, and grow existing MicroStrategy products and programs.
- Our newly-released MicroStrategy 2017 Education Catalog, offering over 40 version 10 courses and effectively doubling the volume of learning content, is now available in a multitude of learning delivery methods for all user roles and levels at our Education page.
- The new MicroStrategy academic program now offers training and educational resources for teachers and students, creating a center of excellence for enterprise analytics and mobility.
- At MicroStrategy World 2017, customers took the spotlight. Winners of the Dashboard Showcase were on prominent display and Customer Awards recognized excellence in the industry.
“This week at MicroStrategy World 2017, we hosted our most impressive user conference to date,” said Mark Gambill, CMO, MicroStrategy Incorporated. “We shared a series of new initiatives and product innovations designed to make it easier for our customers to build modern, transformational analytics and mobility applications at scale and get the expert knowledge and resources they need to be successful.”
MicroStrategy 10 Coming to Amazon Web Services
At MicroStrategy World 2017, MicroStrategy announced that MicroStrategy 10 will be available on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Offering the entire MicroStrategy platform on AWS will allow customers to rapidly deploy a BI platform that delivers enterprise analytics, reporting, and dashboarding capabilities, through self-service options.
For customers and MicroStrategy partners, MicroStrategy 10 on AWS means that with minimal effort and hardware investment, they can be up to date on the latest version of MicroStrategy, including the newest features and capabilities. Users will be able to start, stop and resize environments as needed, bringing cost-savings to their organizations, even if a partner is opening an instance to demonstrate the value of a joint solution to prospective customers. Additionally, access to MicroStrategy 10 APIs will give customers the flexibility to create and customize their own workflows.
“With MicroStrategy 10 on AWS, our customers will gain an enterprise solution that also has the flexibility to create custom workflows that are shaped to the size, time, location and power needed,” said Hugh Owen, Senior Vice President of Product Marketing, MicroStrategy Incorporated. “Because no heavy lifting will be involved and the solution is self-serve, MicroStrategy customers will be empowered to rapidly create, deploy and scale new business applications with better agility and choice, while reducing the total cost of ownership.”
To learn more about spinning up an instance of MicroStrategy 10 on AWS, stay tuned for updates.
Relaunching the MicroStrategy Community Site
MicroStrategy is introducing a new online Community that delivers an expertly curated experience with vast amounts of information at a single location. New and returning visitors to the site can expect improved, streamlined access to:
- Product Experts – Get in touch with people who build and work on improving every element of the MicroStrategy platform.
- Documentation – Immediately find relevant SDK details and developer resources.
- Customer Discussions and Debates – Join conversations and exchange ideas with fellow community members.
- Product Education and Reviews – Learn about MicroStrategy products and review feedback from other users.
- Application Examples – Efficiently understand how MicroStrategy products fit into your unique workstream.
“The goal of the revamped MicroStrategy Community was to build an even better experience for our visitors,” said Owen. “As a result, we’ve seen a reduction in the number of help tickets and an increase in the quality and breadth of content on the MicroStrategy Community. It’s become a more valuable hub for everyone.”
Self-Paced Education Courses For The Enterprise
MicroStrategy recognizes that every organization has time constraints and that individuals learn in a variety of ways. To help MicroStrategy customers with large communities of business users make the most of their platform, MicroStrategy announced the availability of five of its most popular instructor-led courses in a self-paced learning format, with another five modules to be released in 2017. For organizations with more than 30 MicroStrategy web licenses, our new Enterprise E-courseware modules are the ideal solution to drive usage of MicroStrategy. To download our newly released catalog or learn more about our offerings, visit the MicroStrategy Education page.
MicroStrategy’s New Academic Program Brings Professional Data Analytics and BI Resources to Academia for Free
University professors, students, and researchers can now access MicroStrategy software and resources at no cost to enrich their business and computer science course experiences. With the MicroStrategy platform, professors can use industry-standard analytics software in the classroom to prepare students with relevant and applicable skills while students begin to master the skills that will enhance their marketability to future employers. Included in the MicroStrategy academic program are training and educational resources for teachers and students to create a center of excellence for enterprise analytics and mobility. To learn more about MicroStrategy’s academic program, visit here.
MicroStrategy World: Dashboard Showcase and Customer Awards
Numerous entries were submitted to MicroStrategy’s World Dashboard Showcase. Each was judged for its outstanding business value, the presentation and design of its information presentation, overall user experience and workflow. Based on these criteria, MicroStrategy revealed five entries for their unique perspective and presentation of business, facility, and global activity to World attendees.
In addition, MicroStrategy presented MicroStrategy Customer Awards to American International Group, Inc. (AIG), Sumitomo Rubber North America, and Fanatics, Inc. for BI applications that stood out in three respective categories: Innovative, Impactful, and Interesting.
- Innovative – AIG was awarded the MicroStrategy Innovative Customer Award for deploying an analytics solution that helps underwriters better understand and assess risk—a critical component for the firm’s business.
- Impactful – Sumitomo Rubber North America won the MicroStrategy Impactful Customer Award for its sales analysis iPad app, which has helped equip their sales teams to run more effective meetings with customers and thus grow market share.
- Interesting – Fanatics, Inc. won the MicroStrategy Interesting Customer Award for a real-time web dashboard that gives business users access to up-to-date sales data at any moment.
“On behalf of the entire MicroStrategy team, we are grateful to each customer presenter, partner, attendee and enthusiast who joined us at this milestone event,” said Michael J. Saylor, CEO, MicroStrategy Incorporated. “As we look ahead, we intend to maintain and extend our leadership in BI, analytics and mobility, and help our customers answer their toughest business questions.”
About MicroStrategy Incorporated
Founded in 1989, MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise analytics and mobility software. The Company's mission is to provide enterprise customers with a world-class software platform and expert services so they can deploy unique intelligence applications. To learn more, visit MicroStrategy online, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
MicroStrategy, MicroStrategy World and MicroStrategy 10 are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.