The global bentonite market to grow at a CAGR of 2.09% during the period 2017-2021.
Global Bentonite Market 2017-2021, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the market landscape and its growth prospects over the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
According to the report, technological advances in drilling technologies have revolutionized the oil and gas industry, and have enabled access to the most remote locations, unconventional formations, deep-water regions, and even the arctic. Such developments have played a key role in driving the consumption of bentonite for drilling. Horizontal drilling, coupled with hydraulic fracturing, has unlocked the unconventional potential of several regions such as the shale gas boom in North America and new discoveries in the offshore regions of Europe and Africa.
In North America, horizontal drilling rigs constitute the largest share of the overall rig count, with 78%, whereas directional and vertical rigs account only for 11%, as of June 2015. Horizontal drilling allows the operator to drill long, lateral wells at sections of wellbores to access the entire reservoir. The growing adoption of lateral drilling techniques is estimated to boost the demand for bentonite, as it facilitates drilling of new reservoirs.
These new drilling technologies also include hydraulic fracturing, which involves pumping water into underground reservoir rocks at high pressure to create fractures in the formation.
- Horizontal drilling: An innovation in oil and gas extraction
- Pet humanization: An uplifting concept in US and Europe
- India and China: Steel intensive markets
- Competition from organic binders
- Declining oil drilling activities
- Challenges with edible sodium bentonite
- Organically modified bentonites: Increased use in geosynthetic clay liner system
- Compacted sodium bentonite as backfill in radioactive waste repositories
- Bentonite usage developments
- Cimbar Performance Minerals
- Mineral Technologies
Other prominent vendors
- American Bentonite International (ABI)
- Bentonite Performance Minerals
- HI-TECH MINERALS & CHEMICALS
- Kutch Minerals
MidPoint Chemicals Company
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fpsd99/global_bentonite