CINCINNATI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fifth Third Bancorp (Nasdaq: FITB) has announced that its shareholders have re-elected the following directors at the Bancorp’s Annual Meeting held earlier today at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Cincinnati:
- Nicholas K. Akins, chairman, president, CEO, American Electric Power.
- B. Evan Bayh III, partner, McGuireWoods LLP.
- Jorge L. Benitez, retired CEO of North America of Accenture plc.
- Katherine B. Blackburn, executive vice president, Cincinnati Bengals, Inc.
- Emerson L. Brumback, retired president and COO, M&T Bank.
- Jerry W. Burris, retired president and CEO, Associated Materials Group, Inc.
- Greg D. Carmichael, president and CEO, Fifth Third Bancorp.
- Gary R. Heminger, president, CEO and chair, Marathon Petroleum Corporation.
- Jewell D. Hoover, retired senior official with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
- Eileen A. Mallesch, retired senior vice president and CFO, Nationwide Insurance, Property & Casualty Segment
- Michael B. McCallister, retired chairman and former CEO of Humana, Inc.
- Marsha C. Williams, retired senior vice president and CFO, Orbitz Worldwide, Inc.
Hendrik G. Meijer retired at the Annual Meeting, as previously announced. The Board of Directors will decrease the size of the Board such that no vacancies will result from this retirement.
Fifth Third shareholders also approved the following:
- The appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as the Company’s independent external audit firm for 2017.
- By advisory vote, the Company’s executive compensation plan.
- By advisory vote, determination that a shareholder vote on executive compensation practices will occur every one year.
- The Fifth Third Bancorp 2017 Incentive Compensation Plan, including the issuance of common stock thereunder.
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. As of December 31, 2016, the Company had $142 billion in assets and operates 1,191 full-service Banking Centers, and 2,495 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Georgia and North Carolina. Fifth Third operates four main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending and Wealth & Asset Management. Fifth Third also has a 17.9% interest in Vantiv Holding, LLC. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of December 31, 2016, had $315 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $31 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations through its Trust and Brokerage businesses. Investor information and press releases can be viewed at www.53.com. Fifth Third’s common stock is traded on the NASDAQ® Global Select Market under the symbol “FITB.”