DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Colombian Insurance Industry" report to their offering.
The 'Governance, Risk and Compliance - The Colombian Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in Colombia.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
- The Colombian insurance industry is regulated by the Financial Superintendence of Colombia.
- Non-admitted insurance is prohibited in Colombia, but there are few exceptions.
- A free trade agreement between the US and Colombia, CTPA, came into force on May 15, 2012.
- There is no insurance premium tax in Colombia.
- Foreign investors are allowed 100% ownership in Colombian insurance companies.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Governance, Risk and Compliance
2.1 Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
2.2 Latest Changes in Regulations
2.3 Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
2.4 Compulsory Insurance
2.5 Supervision and Control
2.6 Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
2.7 Company Registration and Operations
2.9 Legal System
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cln3vd/governance_risk