Electric Corporation (TOKYO:6503) has developed a compact
massive-element antenna and RF module that achieves a wide 800MHz
bandwidth and wide-angle beamforming for 28GHz communications in
fifth-generation (5G) radio base stations. Going forward, Mitsubishi
Electric will confirm the module’s performance for high-speed,
large-capacity communication, aiming at early commercialization. The
status of development will be presented at the Brooklyn 5G Summit* to
be held in New York City from April 19 to 21.
*Forum for discussing 5G wireless technologies organized by NOKIA and NYU WIRELESS, a research center, at NYU Tandon School of Engineering
1) Wide bandwidth achieves high-speed, large-capacity communication
- Wideband high-frequency circuitry enables communication with a wide 800MHz bandwidth.
2) Wide-angle beamforming expands area coverage
- Beam control technology is combined with a proprietary massive 256-element antenna and RF device.
- Wide-angle beam forming at ±45 degrees horizontally contributes to expanded area coverage.
3) Compact antenna and RF module for easy installation
- Highly efficient integration of RF device realizes compact size
For the full text, please visit: http://www.mitsubishielectric.com/news