DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Smartphones: Worldwide Trends and Forecasts 2016-2021 " report to their offering.
Smartphone sales in developed and emerging markets are following divergent trends, as consumer and operator behaviour varies between these regions. This report analyses these trends, and discusses the impacts and implications for operators worldwide and those in each regional market.
This report provides:
- forecasts for smartphone markets (including unit sales and share of the market for different operating systems) worldwide, for 8 regions and 63 countries
- operator strategies to address shifts in demand dynamics, the vendor landscape and region-specific consumer behaviour
- key worldwide and regional trends.
Who Should Read this Report
- Operator-based strategy executives and mobile device managers that are interested in smartphone market trends and the role of operators as smartphone distribution channels.
- Device manufacturers that want to identify worldwide and regional opportunities in terms of smartphone unit sales growth and primary regional drivers.
- Smartphone distributors and wholesale executives that are interested in learning more about operator and vendor initiatives for smartphone sales, regional growth expectations and key trends.
Key Topics Covered:
- Worldwide: Mature and developing smartphone markets are diverging
- Worldwide: Emerging Asia-Pacific and Latin America lead global smartphone sales growth
- Worldwide: Android and iOS will maintain their market shares over the forecast period
- Western Europe: Consumers' preferences and operators' responses to these have reduced smartphone sales
- Western Europe: Key regional trends
Central and Eastern Europe
- Central and Eastern Europe: Demand for budget smartphones is high
- Central and Eastern Europe: Key regional trends
Middle East and North Africa
- Middle East and North Africa: The dominance of prepaid plans influences smartphone purchasing behaviour
- Middle East and North Africa: Key regional trends
- Sub-Saharan Africa: First-time buyers, especially those from rural areas, will drive smartphone sales
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Key regional trends
- Emerging Asia-Pacific: Smartphone sales will increase at a remarkable pace until at least 2021
- Emerging Asia-Pacific: Key regional trends
- Developed Asia-Pacific: High smartphone adoption has caused sales of new devices to stagnate
- Developed Asia-Pacific: Key regional trends
- North America: Operators and vendors are adapting to changes in smartphone purchasing behaviour
- North America: Key regional trends
- Latin America: Improving economic conditions are boosting new smartphone purchases
- Latin America: Key regional trends
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gm5vdk/smartphones