LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The team of Ahdoot & Wolfson, PC, helmed by Los Angeles based attorney Tina Wolfson, filed the first case involving the catastrophic failure of Mazda’s in-vehicle navigation software on April 5, 2017, Lewand v. Mazda Motor of America, Inc., Cause No. 8:17-cv-00620-JVS-JCG, In the United States District Court for the Central District of California, Southern Division. Wolfson filed the lawsuit on behalf of Edward Lewand, a Mazda owner from Georgia. While the filing of this claim is recent, the details of the major Mazda malfunction have been heavily discussed in multiple online forums and petition sites for weeks.
The Mazda lawsuit came about because of the company’s alleged misleading marketing and sales of real-time navigation software in its 2016 vehicles. Many consumers added on this navigation feature to their purchase pricing; but, in early 2016 the software ceased to function entirely across all vehicles, the lawsuit alleges. As a result of Mazda’s misrepresentations, purchasers of 2016 Mazda vehicles across the country received cars worth less than represented at sale and worth less than what they in fact paid.
“We are going to hold Mazda responsible for its misrepresentations to consumers which induced them to purchase its vehicles at increased prices,” said Wolfson. “We will achieve justice for the victims, help prevent further bad acts by Mazda, and deter other car manufacturers from attempting the same dishonesty.”
Devoted to protecting consumers in class action litigation nationally, Wolfson has served in multiple national litigation leadership positions and tried many initial cases for major class action litigations. Some of the firm’s notable legal successes include:
- In re Experian Data Breach Litigation, Case No. 8:15-cv-01592-AG-DFM (C.D. Cal.) (currently serving, by court appointment, as co-lead counsel after contested application and hearing in consolidated litigation consisting of thirty- eight class actions).
- In re: Kind LLC “All Natural” Litig., Case No. 1:15-md-02645-WHP (S.D.N.Y.) (appointed co-lead counsel by the multidistrict litigation (“MDL”) Court after contested application and hearing).
- In Re: U.S. Office of Personnel Management Data Security Breach Litigation, Case No. 1:15-mc-01394-ABJ (D.D.C.) (currently serving, by court appointment, on MDL Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee after contested Leadership Application and hearing).
- In re: Premera Blue Cross Customer Data Sec. Breach Litig., Case No. 15-md-02633-SI (D. Or.) (currently serving, by court appointment, on MDL Executive Leadership Committee).
- In re: The Home Depot, Inc., Customer Data Security Breach Litig., Case No. 1:14-md-02583-TWT (N.D. Ga.) (served, by court appointment, on MDL/ Consumer Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee; approx. $29 Million settlement fund finally approved).
- Pappas v. Naked Juice Co. of Glendora, Inc., Case No. 2:11-cv-8276-JAK-PLA (C.D. Cal.) (appointed co-lead counsel after contested application; resulted in the second largest food false advertising case ever ($9 Million fund – finally approved)).
- Lavinsky vs. City of Los Angeles, Case No. BC542245 (LASC) (challenging allegedly illegal utilities taxation practices; appointed Class Counsel after certifying the Class and prevailing on Summary Adjudication).
- Chimeno-Buzzi v. Hollister Co, et al., Case No. 1:14-cv-23120-MGC (S.D. Fla.) (class counsel in $10 Million finally-approved, nationwide settlement arising from violations of the TCPA).
About Tina Wolfson
Tina Wolfson is a California lawyer with over 22 years of experience handling class action claims on behalf of aggrieved consumers. She is licensed in California, the District of Columbia, and New York.
Ahdoot & Wolfson, PC has handled thousands of consumer class action cases, and has won significant legal victories for Americans across the country. For more information about Ahdoot & Wolfson, PC, please visit our Website, find us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.