TYSONS, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fourth paragraph, second sentence of release should read: ... AWS as a preferred cloud provider... (instead of ... AWS as the preferred cloud provider...)
The corrected release reads:
DXC TECHNOLOGY ANNOUNCES EXPANDED ALLIANCE WITH AMAZON WEB SERVICES
New announcement makes DXC a preferred provider for AWS hybrid and cloud-enablement, and advances DXC’s asset-lite strategy leveraging the AWS Cloud
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC), the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, today announced an expanded alliance with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to make it simpler for DXC’s enterprise customers to unlock the efficiencies and innovation of the cloud.
Building on DXC’s global AWS migration and managed service offerings, DXC now will offer its enterprise clients, from its data centers, integrated solution options using AWS Storage Gateway, AWS Snowball Edge and AWS Greengrass for edge computing. In addition, DXC will offer a managed VMware Cloud on AWS solution enabling DXC customers to extend hybrid workloads to the cloud using existing VMware tools on AWS. DXC will also deliver service-integrated AWS solutions using advanced offerings across DevOps, Analytics, IoT, Managed Services, Virtual Desktops, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. DXC will train and certify thousands of consultants and developers on these new solutions in support of this initiative.
DXC Technology is the new company formed by the merger of CSC with the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise. The announcement today builds on the long-standing relationship between CSC and AWS, the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud.
Today’s announcement makes DXC – a Premier AWS Partner Network (APN) Partner and audited AWS Managed Service Provider – a preferred provider for AWS hybrid and innovation cloud-enablement services. The announcement also accelerates DXC’s strategy of offering independent, capital-lite, consumption-based apps and infrastructure services with AWS as a preferred cloud provider, while helping AWS further serve customer needs in the hybrid cloud market for large enterprises.
“We are excited to expand our relationship with AWS as a DXC strategic provider,” said Steve Hilton, DXC’s EVP of Delivery. “We believe the combination of AWS’ industry leading cloud infrastructure and DXC’s ability to provide hybrid offerings like VMware Cloud on AWS and AWS edge services will accelerate the adoption of cloud services for many of our clients.”
“We’ve built a strong foundation of customer success with CSC over many years based on the valuable managed services and operational support they provide many of our enterprise customers,” said Mike Clayville, AWS Vice President of Worldwide Commercial Sales. “This expanded alliance enables DXC to immediately deliver those same enterprise-grade AWS offerings to former HPE Enterprise Services customers.”
DXC already holds AWS Migration Competency status in addition to being an audited AWS Managed Service Partner, demonstrating technical proficiency and proven success helping enterprise customers accelerate AWS adoption. DXC will now offer clients additional AWS-related services, including:
- VMware Cloud on AWS: Through VMware’s new service offering on AWS, customers will, for the first time be able to operate a consistent and seamless hybrid IT environment based on VMware SDDC stack on AWS, without having to purchase custom hardware, rewrite their applications, or modify their operating model.
- Amazon Workspaces: Amazon Workspaces is a fully managed, secure desktop computing service that runs on the AWS cloud. This technology allows you to easily provision cloud based virtual desktops and provide your end users access to the documents, applications, and resources they need from any supported device. DXC will help customers migrate and manage existing desktop workloads to Amazon Workspaces.
- AWS Greengrass: AWS Greengrass is software that runs local compute, messaging and data caching for connected devices in a secure way. With AWS Greengrass, connected devices can run AWS Lambda functions, keep device data in sync, and communicate with other devices securely – even when not connected to the Internet. AWS Greengrass can run on devices in third-party data centers or on mobile and fixed devices.
- AWS Storage Gateway: The AWS Storage Gateway service seamlessly enables hybrid cloud storage between on-premises environments and the AWS Cloud. It combines a multi-protocol storage appliance with highly efficient network connectivity to deliver local performance with virtually unlimited scale. Customers use it in remote offices and datacenters for hybrid cloud workloads involving migration, bursting and storage tiering.
- AWS Snowball Edge: AWS Snowball Edge is a 100TB data transfer device with on-board storage and compute capabilities. Customers can use Snowball Edge to move large amounts of data into and out of AWS, as a temporary storage tier for large local datasets, or to support local workloads in remote or offline locations.
- AWS Managed Services: AWS Managed Services provides large enterprises with ongoing management of their AWS infrastructure, automating common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services. DXC is among a select group of APN Consulting Partners trained on AWS Managed Services to help customers effectively onboard, migrate, and manage workloads on the service.
- DevOps and Analytics: DXC helps customers by building their business models “as code” and adopting a portable micro-services architectural style. Tools and services such as Docker containers and Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) for container orchestration will be leveraged to enable a hybrid deployment approach coupled with AWS Code Services (AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeBuild and AWS CodeDeploy), helping customers experiment often and iterate quickly.
DXC also will help customers establish data-driven, customer-centric businesses, which will involve innovative solutions using Amazon Machine Learning and Amazon AI platform to provide image, text and voice enabled intelligence.
About DXC Technology
DXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology.