WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Some of the country's top communications and public affairs officers will assemble at an annual Strategic Summit in suburban Washington, D.C. on May 9-10 to identify innovative digital strategies to enhance engagement with consumers, employees and other stakeholders.
CEOs and other senior leaders from corporate, military and government communications, public relations and public affairs will attend the 8th National Summit on Strategic Communications at the Hilton Crystal City Hotel in Arlington, VA. A complete agenda, faculty list and registration information is available at www.strategicsummit.com.
“Global business is enabled through effective digital communication, and the pace of change demands redefinition of re-engagement,” said Robert Grupp, Summit Director and Graduate Program Director at the University of Florida. “Today’s global communications and public affairs professional must become a hybrid — a business and organization leader overflowing with out-of-the-box ideas and strategic thinking — also able to apply predictive analysis to execute on ideas.”
The annual Strategic Summit attracts delegates globally. In addition to Fortune 100 companies, participants will include the Ministries of Defense from Australia, Singapore and Taiwan; U.S. Air Force and Marine Corps; the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and the National Transportation Safety Board.
Featured speakers include:
- Patrick Fitzgerald, Senior Vice President, Integrated Marketing and Communications, FEDEX
- Major General Malcolm B. Frost, Chief of Public Affairs, U.S. ARMY
- Leigh Horner, Vice President, Corporate Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility, THE HERSHEY COMPANY
- John Hourigan, Vice President, Global Communications, ARROW ELECTRONICS
- Nobuko Kato, Vice President, Global Head of External Communications, Corporate Communications and Public Affairs, TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY LTD
- Mark McKinnon, Political Advisor, Communications Strategist and Media Producer, SHOWTIME AND HILL+KNOWLTON STRATEGIES
- Marta Newhart, Vice President, Global Communications, JOHNSON CONTROLS
- Brad Parscale, Former Digital Director, DONALD J. TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT, INC.
- Charlene A. Wheeless, Principal Vice President, Global Corporate Affairs, BECHTEL CORPORATION
W2O Group is the Summit Co-Chair. Other Summit sponsors and supporting partners include: Arrow Electronics, Bell Helicopter, Global Gateway Advisors, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Paradigm Shift, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd., and the University of Florida. Media Partners include O'Dwyer PR. The Summit is organized by The SCLI and ExL Events.
ABOUT THE STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS LEADERSHIP INITIATIVE ("The SCLI")
The SCLI is a non-profit organization established to advance the profession by providing thought leadership and setting standards for practicing strategic communications. The SCLI connects a community of senior executives, communications directors and public affairs officers from corporations, the military, government agencies and other non-profit organizations and NGOs. With an active volunteer Board of Advisors, the SCLI organizes interactive programs, seminars and training to share knowledge and expertise within the professional community. www.thescli.org
ABOUT EXL EVENTS
ExL Events, Inc., a division of Questex, is the industry leader in developing innovative, educational conferences that serve the pharmaceutical and allied healthcare communities in the United States, Europe, Latin America and additional markets. Its experienced team conducts extensive market research and targeted outreach. The results translate into innovative, high-quality events designed to exceed the dynamic informational and networking needs of audiences. ExL Events conference platforms facilitate the exchange of critical information between industry executives and suppliers to support their scientific and commercial goals. www.exlevents.com