The global pectin market to grow at a CAGR of 7.54% during the period 2017-2021.
Global Pectin Market 2017-2021, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the market landscape and its growth prospects over the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the Key vendors operating in this market.
One trend in the market is the rising demand for pectin in pharmaceutical and cosmeceutical sectors. Owing to the styptic and curing effects of natural pectins, they are used in healing ointments. Pectins will also delay a rise in the glucose blood level and improve serum cholesterol. Various drugs are encapsulated with a pectin film to protect the gastric mucosa and allow the sustained release of the active substances into the blood circulation. Manufacturers offer pectin products suitable for pharmaceutical applications.
According to the report, one driver in the market is the rising demand in food and beverage industry owing to its functional properties. Pectin as an ingredient is recognized by consumers on many product labels. Pectin is widely used as a gelling agent, stabilizer, and thickener in a wide range of food and beverages.
- Rising demand in food and beverage industry owing to its functional properties
- Growing usage of pectin as dietary fiber
- Increasing demand for pectin in convenience foods
- Lack of availability of raw materials
- Use of environmentally harmful chemicals in pectin production
- Complexities associated with pectin production
- Rising demand for pectin in pharmaceutical and cosmeceutical sectors
- Increase in strategic alliances
- Growing focus on expanding production capabilities for pectin
- CP Kelco
- Herbstreith & Fox
Other prominent vendors
- Compañía Española de Algas Marinas
- Tate & Lyle
- Yantai Andre Pectin
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bhjgm5/global_pectin