DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Plastics and Composites for the Aerospace Industry" report to their offering.
The aerospace industry is focusing on reducing the weight of aircraft in order to attain better fuel efficiency and performance. This is creating a need for materials with better mechanical, chemical, and thermal properties that can replace heavy metals. With lightweight and durability of components of prime importance, lightweight composites (for both aircraft interiors and exteriors) are being seen as a viable solution to fulfill the industry requirements.
Plastics Advisor TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications, and strategic insights of various plastics and composites and also analyses their impact across various industries.
The Materials and Coatings cluster tracks research and innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thinfilms, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers, and several other related technologies and their impact and applications across industries.
The Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (AMA) Cluster covers technologies that enable clean, lean and flexible manufacturing and industrial automation. Technologies such as three-dimensional (3D) and four-dimensional (4D) printing, wireless sensors and networks, information and communication technology, multimaterial joining, composites manufacturing, digital manufacturing, micro- and nano-manufacturing, lasers, advanced software, and printing techniques, are covered as part of this cluster.
The technologies covered here impact a wide range of industries, such as the impact semiconductor, automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, industrial, healthcare, logistics, and electronics industries.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Innovations in Plastics and Composites Used in Aerospace Industry
- Non-toxic, Lightweight Polyurethane-based Composite Parts for Aircraft Interiors
- Glass Fiber-reinforced Polymer with High Processing and Thermo-mechanical Properties
- Polymer for Aircraft Bodies with High Load Bearing Capabilities
- Thermoplastic Composites with Reduced Processing Temperature
- Polycarbonate Copolymer-based Material with Excellent Flow Characteristics
- Recyclable Polymeric Foam for Aircraft Interiors
- Lightweight Polymer Composites for Synthesizing Complex Structures
- CNT Reinforced Composite for Aircraft Interiors
2. Strategic Insights
- United States and Europe Leads Developmental Efforts in Aerospace Composites Market
- Focus on Developing High Performance, Environmentally Friendly Composites
3. Key Patents
- Patents Focusing on Use of Plastics and Composites in Aerospace
4. Industry Contacts
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7ntmh6/plastics_and