DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "World Glycolic Acid Market - Opportunities and Forecasts, 2014 - 2022" report to their offering.
Glycolic acid belongs to a group of active compounds known as AHAs (alpha hydroxyl acids), which are primarily found in vegetables and fruits such as sugarcane, pineapple, unripe grapes, etc. Glycolic acid possesses the smallest molecules in the group; this enables quick and easy penetration of human skin.
It is therefore very effective in skin treatment and is widely used in cosmetic formulations. Due to the increased adoption of personal care products, the glycolic acid market is witnessing significant growth. Glycolic acid is also used for the manufacturing of poly glycolic acid (PGA) and in absorbable sutures for surgical/medical applications. Improving healthcare standards, particularly in emerging economies, are expected to accelerate the demand for these sutures. This would, in turn, boost the demand for glycolic acid.
The key players operating in this market are Chemsolv, Inc., DuPont, Phibro Animal Health Corporation, CrossChem LP, Parchem, Sigma-Aldrich, Phibro Animal Health Corporation, Griffin International Inc. and Crosschem LP.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the global glycolic acid market, including information about the current market situation, changing market dynamics, expected trends and market intelligence
- The factors which drive and impede the growth of the global glycolic acid market are comprehensively analyzed in this study.
- Porter's Five Force model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of buyers and sellers operating in the market
- The report contains a comprehensive study of the key strategies adopted by companies to gain traction in the market
- Micro level analysis of the glycolic acid market is conducted based on various applications and regions.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/sknf2q/world_glycolic