MENLO PARK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AnchorFree, the global leader in consumer security, privacy and internet freedom, today announced Picaboo, a free secure and private photo sharing app for Android and iOS smartphones that allows users to instantly share hundreds of photos with one click, without having to upload the photos anywhere. Picaboo users can share up to 300 photos at a time without uploading or storing the pictures in the public cloud or any social networking site. The photos are transferred securely from the user’s phone to their friend’s phone.
While other photo sharing or messaging apps can limit photo sharing to 10-20 pictures at a time and have slow upload speeds, Picaboo allows users to select individual photos or whole albums – up to 300 photos – with virtually no wait time for uploading and sharing.
Picaboo comes with the following features:
- Fast Photo Sharing: Picaboo was specifically designed to share large number of photos instantly, within seconds, way faster than WhatsApp, Facebook, or iMessage
- No Cloud Storage: Photos stay on your phone and are not stored in the cloud
- Easy Photo Transfer: Photos are transferred between you and your friends’ phones
- Secure Exchange: Sharing photos via Picaboo is more secure than uploading them to social apps like Facebook or Snapchat. Your photos belong to you and are not uploaded or stored anywhere. Only you and your friends have access to the photos you want to share.
- Private Photo Collections: Allow private access to photos you select and only to friends you choose
- Multiple Recipients: Share photo albums with multiple friends at once
Picaboo is designed for the following use cases:
- Party Pictures: Had an epic party with a bunch of different people taking pictures? Share and exchange photos with your closest friends without having to worry about your boss or mom seeing them and without uploading them anywhere.
- Trip Photos: Went on a trip with five close friends and have hundreds of photos on your phones? You can share and exchange them via Picaboo so that what happened on vacation, stays on your phone and is only shared with the people you wish. Sharing photos with your friends on your trip is easy - share hundreds of photos with one click, without uploading or sending your photos anywhere.
- Family Photos: Don’t worry about everyone on Facebook or Instagram seeing embarrassing photos from your family holiday. Only share with your family members the memories of your trips and special events.
- Baby Photos: Don’t be THAT person that over shares tons of baby photos on Facebook. And keep photos of your children private from strangers that may download your pictures without your consent. Share them privately with Picaboo.
- Professional Photographers: Securely allow your clients to proof your photographs on the go with Picaboo. No passwords needed, you can safely send your clients photos to preview then remove access after you’re done.
“We want to put users in control of their photos and their data. Sharing with close friends does not have to mean giving up on your privacy and having to upload your personal photos to a public cloud or Facebook,” said David Gorodyansky, founder and CEO of AnchorFree.
“At AnchorFree, our mission is to provide secure access to the world’s information for every person on the planet, we created Picaboo to provide users with more control and more choice over easy, fast, and secure ways to share. All of our apps were built on our secure Hotspot Shield platform, ensuring privacy and security, and trusted by over 500 million users,” added Gorodyansky.
Picaboo uses encrypted VPN technology to allow users to invite friends and family to securely view photos stored on the user’s own mobile device, without uploading or permanently storing the photos in the cloud. The app is optimized for sharing a large amount of photos at once and reduces cellular data usage often required for uploading or viewing. Users can create photo albums and share the albums with multiple friends at once. Picaboo is also built on AnchorFree’s industry-leading VPN, Hotspot Shield, so all photos are encrypted to ensure secure and private sharing and viewing.
AnchorFree’s mission is to provide secure access to the world’s information for every person on the planet. AnchorFree’s Hotspot Shield VPN application is the world’s largest Internet freedom and personal privacy platform. Downloaded and trusted by more than 500 million users across mobile devices and computers; Hotspot Shield is the starting point, for mobile and Web access, making all applications and websites secure, private and accessible.
Funded by $63 million from Goldman Sachs and other blue chip investors, AnchorFree is focused on bringing online privacy and freedom to the next billion internet users. AnchorFree is growing by six million new downloads of Hotspot Shield per month and is on track to reach one billion user downloads in the coming years.