ANAHEIM, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zyxel Communications, a leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, today announced that it has begun shipping the WAC5302D-S 802.11ac Wall-Plate Unified Access Point, a compact, high-performance wired and wireless networking solution designed for the unique connectivity demands of hotel environments.
The new WAC5302D-S features an enterprise-class 802.11ac access point with smart antenna and beamforming technologies that enables guests to easily log onto a reliable, high-speed wireless network that delivers speeds up to 1.2 Gbps. The WAC5302D-S also incorporates three Gigabit Ethernet ports, including one Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) port, for delivering in-room services over Smart TVs, VoIP phones and other Ethernet-enabled devices.
The WAC5302D-S can be easily mounted inconspicuously on an outlet box, wall or desk without the need for an additional mounting kit, making the WAC5302D-S an ideal wireless solution for supporting IP cameras in hallways, or printers and computers in a business center, while simultaneously providing the ubiquitous WiFi coverage that guests have come to expect throughout the property.
Benefits of the WAC5302D-S 802.11ac Wall-Plate Unified Access Point
- Enterprise-Class 802.11ac Access Point – Dual-band 802.11ac AP supporting data rates up to 1.2 Gbps; integrated smart antenna design and beamforming technologies mitigate interference from neighboring APs and optimize RF performance for each individual client device.
- Low Profile, Versatile Design – Slim design allows for mounting on an outlet box, a hidden nook, or even on a desktop; compact design with cable channels blends into surrounding décor.
- Gigabit Ethernet to Extend In-Room Services – Three Gigabit Ethernet downlink ports provide high-speed connectivity to Ethernet-enabled devices such as Smart TVs and other connected room devices; one Gigabit PoE passthrough port to power VoIP phones in guest rooms, or IP cameras in hallways and common areas to reduce AC requirements and minimize cable clutter,
- Easy Deployment and Management – The Zyxel One Network speeds network setup and integrates the management of Zyxel switches, gateways, and access points; Zyxel Smart Connect allows Zyxel networking equipment to recognize each other to facilitate network monitoring and maintenance.
“Travelers have come to expect ubiquitous, high-speed, reliable WiFi coverage in all areas of the hotel property, and especially in the guest rooms where they’re increasingly turning to high-definition streaming content on their mobile devices for their in-room entertainment. These days, a guest’s satisfaction is largely based upon the reliability and speed of the in-room Internet connection,” explained Shawn Rogers, Market Development Manager at Zyxel. “Our new WAC5302D-S allows hotels to provide guests with the reliable WiFi connectivity they expect by placing the network access in the room in a compact, inconspicuous housing that will not detract from the room’s décor.”
The Zyxel WAC5302D-S 802.11ac Wall-Plate Unified Access Point carries a limited lifetime warranty and is available now through all Zyxel authorized resellers and e-Commerce partners at a MSRP of $279.99. For more information on Zyxel and its other families of connectivity solutions for homes and businesses, visit www.zyxel.com/us and follow them on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About Zyxel Communications
Focused on innovation and customer-centricity, Zyxel Communications has been connecting people to the Internet for nearly 30 years. Our ability to adapt and innovate with networking technology places us at the forefront of creating connectivity for telcos and service providers, business and home users.
Zyxel is building the networks of tomorrow, unlocking potential, and meeting the needs of the modern workplace — powering people at work, life, and play. Zyxel, Your Networking Ally.
- 1,500 passionate associates worldwide
- 100 million devices creating global connections
- 700,000 businesses working smarter with Zyxel solutions
- 150 global markets served