BINYAMINA, Israel--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sodyo is proud to announce the release of a new groundbreaking O2O – offline to online – solution for broadcasters that is poised to forever change the TV advertising business model. Sodyo’s disruptive technology allows viewers to point their smartphone at the TV screen and “scan” a colorful marker that broadcasters place within the content or commercials.
Sodyo Co-Founders Alex and Rina Alon are thrilled at Sodyo’s promise for television. “Broadcasters place a marker on a commercial. The viewer points their phone to the screen, and interactive content from the broadcaster instantly appears on the phone from any viewing distance,” says Alex.
Rina adds, “This is the first time that broadcasters can monetize large and attentive audiences. TV will always be the premier media real estate in any home. Until now, TV relied on “Dial 1-800” and “Visit our website” for lead capturing. TV leads are worth a lot more than web leads – TV will always be the biggest screen in the house, with the highest quality content and commercials. With Sodyo, broadcasters are sitting on an untapped gold mine.”
Sodyo Co-Founder Fred Garroy is looking to the future after over 20 years in broadcast, “Sodyo is the perfect solution for the new challenges and new opportunities that TV networks are facing. We allow interaction between the two most important screens in our lives – TV and smartphone. Sodyo allows broadcasters to enrich content, engage and captivate the audience in ways they never imagined possible.”
Sodyo allows viewers to:
- “Point and Purchase” products and services – perfect for shopping networks
- “Point and Learn More” about products and services
- “Point and Vote” for content choices offered on TV – favorite singer, favorite news story or a poll
Sodyo CEO Alon Raz is excited to introduce a new TV advertising model. “Broadcasters have a lot more competition today, and they understand that they need to move to a hybrid branding-lead generation advertising model. Sodyo is the perfect match for broadcasters looking for a profit multiplier.”
Sodyo is the first technology that enables O2O – offline to online – interaction at any distance. Sodyo’s technology is unique in 4 ways:
- Distance – The scanning distance is at least 100 times the size of the tag, which is similar to the observation distance of a normal human eye. Order of magnitude (~ x10) longer scanning distance versus size compared to other coding methods. For example a 5X5 cm tag can be detected by a typical smartphone from at least 5 meters, in perfect match with TV viewing requirements.
- Omni Media – Sodyo markers can be used on any media or platform such as TV, LED displays, LCDs, billboards, projection and print of any type.
- Fast – When viewers scan TV content, the ad appears on their smartphone instantly due to Sodyo’s optimized content delivery.
- Design Worthy – Sodyo markers can be customized to any shape. For example, you can easily design and deploy a marker in the shape of a shopping cart or car.
According to Sodyo CEO Alon Raz, “You have to see Sodyo to believe it. I invite everyone in the TV and media industries to visit Sodyo.com, click on Try Sodyo, and experience the magic of TV lead generation for yourself.”