NEEDHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PTC (NASDAQ: PTC) today announced the release of the latest version of its Mathcad Prime® engineering math software. Specialized engineering calculations are some of a firm’s most valuable information, and the new capabilities of PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0 allow users to show, solve, and secure those vital calculations more effectively, increasing their value and usefulness.
PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0 provides capabilities that enable users to protect proprietary information without compromising the ability to share it, benefit from interoperability enhancements, and streamline workflows by better managing larger, complex worksheets.
“PTC is listening to the market. The performance and interoperability enhancements in PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0 enable users to simplify inefficient and complex workflows,” said Monica Schnitger, president and principal analyst, Schnitger Corp. “The math in PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0 continues to improve, allowing users to structure it as they want, while also protecting it as proprietary mathematical information.”
Key features of PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0:
- Content protection provides area protection and locking to control the degree of access and visibility for other users
- Interoperability with third-party applications enables users to embed content from other applications into worksheets, as well as copy and paste multiple regions of a worksheet into MS Word
- Equation wrapping offers more control over the presentation and legibility of calculations
- Performance enhancements enable the creation of large, complex worksheets, simplify interaction with these documents, and include Windows 10 support
“Products are becoming increasingly sophisticated, which puts pressure on those doing the complex engineering calculations behind products,” said Paul Sagar, vice president of CAD product management, PTC. “With PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0, users will find it easier and faster to develop, work with, and share these calculations across applications and organizations. And that means better products can get to market earlier.”
PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0 complements the recently-released Creo® 4.0 3D CAD software for product design.
- PTC Mathcad product page
- PTC Mathcad Software Blog
- Harvard Business Review: "How Smart, Connected Products are Transforming Companies," authors PTC CEO Jim Heppelmann and Harvard Professor Michael Porter
About PTC (NASDAQ: PTC)
PTC has the world’s most robust Internet of Things (IoT) technology. In 1986 we revolutionized digital 3D design, and in 1998 were first to market with Internet-based PLM. Now our leading IoT and AR platform and field-proven solutions bring together the physical and digital worlds to reinvent the way you create, operate, and service products. With PTC, global manufacturers and an ecosystem of partners and developers can capitalize on the promise of the IoT today and drive the future of innovation.
The timing of any product release, including any features or functionality, is subject to change at PTC’s discretion.
PTC, Mathcad Prime, Creo, and the PTC logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of PTC Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.