TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Klick today was recognized as a 2017 BEST WORKPLACE FOR WOMEN and announced it was turning International Women’s Day into a month-long celebration for its employees. This marks the second year in a row that Klick has received the award.
"We couldn’t be happier to be named a 2017 Best Workplace for Women as we celebrate International Women’s Day with a month full of thought-provoking and inspiring programs,” said Klick President Lori Grant, who was recently named one of the Women’s Executive Network’s (WXN) Most Powerful Women and joined MM&M magazine’s Hall of Femme. “We’re incredibly proud of all the smart, fearless, and empathetic Klicksters who respect and embrace diversity and inclusion on a daily basis and help make it a cornerstone of Klick’s culture and value system.”
Klick’s extended International Women’s Day will feature a variety of initiatives and events to create added awareness and dialog around diversity and inclusion across the organization all month:
- Doors to the company’s head office are being wrapped with photos and inspirational quotes from Laverne Cox, Arianna Huffington, and Malala Yousafzai – along with a call-to-action for employees and guests to “Open Your Door.”
- Each morning, historical ‘female firsts’ are being posted on Klick’s internal social network, Chatter, as well as on large flat-screens throughout the head office.
- The company is hosting special keynote talks with industry experts. Dr. Shimi Kang, an authority in women’s mental health, parenting, motivation, and cross-cultural perspectives, will speak about “Finding Balance in an Unbalanced World” and “The Neuroscience of Diversity and Inclusiveness in the Workplace.” Jeff Perera, a facilitator and storyteller working to inspire new models of possibility for gender inclusivity, will talk about the role everyone has to play in this area.
- Unconscious Bias training is being offered to teams across the company to educate them on how bias can lead to changed behavior.
- Many of the company’s female senior leaders are leading lunch-hour speed-mentoring sessions.
- A large “Wall of Inspiration” is being created to give Klicksters a place to pay homage to women who have inspired them.
- To give back to the community, Klick is donating the proceeds from its upcoming charity basketball tournament and weekly Tavern events in March to Days for Girls, the non-profit organization dedicated to providing every girl and woman in the world with ready access to quality sustainable hygiene and health education by 2022.
- As part of Shoebox Project in support of a local women’s shelter, Klick is also challenging Klicksters to create shoeboxes filled with items that women enjoy but may not splurge on during difficult times. Last year, Klicksters created shoeboxes filled with everything from cosmetics and personal care items to journals and gift cards, and personally delivered them to the shelter.
Today’s news serves as a testament to the company’s award-winning, people-centric culture and focus on diversity and inclusion. Last spring, Klick spearheaded the #ASeatForAll virtual sit-in to raise awareness and funds for workplace inclusion programs. Participants, including Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne and broadcaster Ben Mulroney, posted seated-selfies on social media as a sign of solidarity for LGBTQ employees. The campaign was created in response to a Human Rights Campaign Foundation study and based on Klick’s belief that work should be a comfortable place to sit for everyone.
Klick also conducts regular pay fairness reviews to ensure that women and men are paid equitably for their roles and contributions to the company’s success. It offers maternity leave top-ups, flexible childcare options, complimentary on-site fitness and wellness programs, and access to work/life balance counseling services among its standard benefits.
The list of Best Workplaces for Women is based on direct feedback from employees of the surveyed organizations, and Great Place To Work ® confirms that the survey data has a 90% confidence and a plus or minus 5% margin of error.
About Great Place to Work:
Great Place to Work ® (GPTW) is the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures. Through proprietary assessment tools, advisory services, and certification programs, GPTW recognizes the world's Best Workplaces in a series of national lists including those published by Fortune magazine (USA) and The Globe & Mail (Canada). GPTW provides the benchmarks, framework, and expertise needed to create, sustain, and recognize outstanding workplace cultures. www.greatplacetowork.ca and @GPTW_Canada
Klick operates with a fiercely independent spirit at the intersection of technology, creativity, and strategy. The Klick family is a diverse group of people who are driven and connected by a shared culture and commitment to the relentless pursuit of awesome at Klick Health, Katalyst Advantage, K2 Digital, Klick Learning Solutions (KLS), and Sensei Labs.
Established in 1997, Klick has teams in Atlanta, Connecticut, Chicago, Los Angeles, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto. Klick was recognized for having one of the top 10 intranets in the world. With its deep technology roots and people-centric culture, Klick has been consistently recognized as a leading Great Place to Work, Best Workplace for Women, Best Employer, Fastest Growing Technology Company, and Best Managed Company. In 2016, Klick Health was named Large Agency of the Year by MM&M magazine. Klick’s co-founders wrote the New York Times Bestseller The Decoded Company (Portfolio/Penguin, 2014) about how to use data to empower and engage employees. For more information on joining Klick, go to http://careers.klick.com.