RALEIGH, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the general availability of Ansible Tower 3.1, the latest version of its enterprise-grade, agentless automation platform. Ansible Tower by Red Hat helps enterprises cut through the complexities of modern IT environments with powerful automation capabilities that can improve productivity and reduce downtime. New additions to the latest version of the platform enable enterprises to better scale DevOps automation and offer the ability to link multiple Playbooks into longer, more complex jobs, enhancing productivity across the business.
Ansible Tower by Red Hat internally uses the popular Ansible open source automation project to help teams more effectively manage systems and optimize multi-tier deployments while adding control, security and delegation capabilities. Ansible Tower 3.1 includes several new and enhanced features to help provide greater value to IT teams, including:
- Multi-Playbook workflows enable users to more easily string together multiple existing jobs templates into a single job run - without the need to create additional Playbooks. Powerful workflows can be designed complete with decision points, logic branches, and integrated notifications to fully orchestrate the application lifecycle.
- Scale-out clustering increases the number of jobs that can be run simultaneously.
- A more streamlined job details page provides more applicable information that can be understood and used by a wider audience across the enterprise. The job details page now provides job output searching, and formats the data for easier reading and analyzing without having to leave the Tower user interface.
- Integration with enterprise logging providers allow for automation results to be indexed, monitored, and acted on as part of enterprise-wide analytics and log aggregation installations.
- Universal search functionality allows users to search and filter throughout Tower by the executing user, job templates by the inventory used, and more.
- User interface localized for two new languages, Japanese and French. The translated interface provides for Ansible Tower 3.1 use across the global enterprise.
Ansible Tower 3.1 by Red Hat is available now through the Red Hat Customer Portal.
Tim Cramer, head of engineering, Ansible, Red Hat
“DevOps teams look to IT automation to help speed productivity and manage complex deployments. The new workflow functionality in Ansible Tower 3.1 takes those capabilities a step further by helping to make automation even more intuitive. With workflows, users can run separate playbooks in a dependent fashion, including the ability to run different playbooks based on the success or failure of the prior job - further reducing manual process and enabling faster time to market.”
Mary Johnston Turner, research vice president, IDC
“Open source automation technologies are important in the continued successful evolution and adoption of DevOps within enterprise IT. Beyond just providing automation tools, these technologies help collaborative development and operations teams to cut through the complexities of configuring and optimizing modern computing environments. Ansible Tower 3.1 addresses these priorities by automating complex workstreams and making it easier for a wide range of developer and IT operations teams to apply automation to their day to day roles.”
- Learn more about Ansible Tower 3.1 by Red Hat
- Watch a demo of Ansible Tower 3.1 in action
- Read more about how Splunk used Ansible Tower by Red Hat to automate across the organization
- Attend the What’s New in Tower 3.1 webinar on Mar 14 at 11:00 a.m. ET
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Get more news in the Red Hat newsroom
- Read the Red Hat blog
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
- Join Red Hat on Google+
- Follow Red Hat on LinkedIn
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to provide reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As a connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to the ability of the Company to compete effectively; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; delays or reductions in information technology spending; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; fluctuations in exchange rates; the effects of industry consolidation; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; the ability to meet financial and operational challenges encountered in our international operations; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat, the Shadowman logo and Ansible are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.