MELBOURNE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Government and commercial industry leaders from around the country are gathering in Florida this week to discuss new ways to leverage advanced technologies to solve mission-critical challenges.
Representatives from government, business, think tanks and academia are participating in the week-long Harris Corporation 2017 Tech Expo. The invitation-only event is being held at the new Harris Global Innovation Center and features high-tech exhibits, interactive demonstrations and industry-specific summits and break-out sessions.
“Today’s challenges require new approaches and solutions that are both innovative and affordable. This is what government and commercial customers demand and deserve,” said William M. Brown, chairman, president and CEO. “The Harris Tech Expo fosters collaboration among leaders from all facets of the industry, enabling them to take even the most advanced technologies to the next level. This represents a very exciting opportunity for everyone involved and we are proud to be leading this effort.”
Attendees will explore 25 different capability areas focused around six themes:
- Global Insights: Weather solutions, global aircraft and ship tracking, airborne geospatial intelligence, automated image analysis
- Commercial Airspace: Unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) in national airspace, integrated air traffic management software platforms
- Connected Battlefield: Integrated military command and control, connected soldier, mobile communication systems
- Contested Environments: Electronically steered antennas, haptic robotics, electronic warfare, acoustic sensors
- Next-Generation First Responders: Integrated intelligence, smart coordination, next-generation communication devices
- NewSpace: Space-based imaging and optics, advanced space antennas, small satellite (smallsat) technologies, reconfigurable multi-mission satellite payloads
Harris also will host two industry-specific collaboration summits. The Critical Communications Symposium will address public safety technology solutions, and the Fly Florida UAS Conference will introduce new ways to support the FAA’s goal of establishing a nationwide unmanned aircraft system. Harris also is showcasing a drone flight demonstration highlighting the most advanced integrated UAS and manned flight air traffic management technology.
About Harris Corporation
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com.