DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Major Depressive Disorder - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Assessment to 2025" report to their offering.
The MDD market is crowded and competitive, with more than 30 products available for the treatment of patients, the majority of which are now available as inexpensive generics.
The MDD market is therefore in a dynamic phase where patent expiries for historically top-selling products such as Eli Lilly's Cymbalta and Otsuka/BMS' Abilify have occurred, and recent launches of Lundbeck/Takeda's Trintellix and Otsuka/Lundbeck's Rexulti will be a significant driver of growth in the 7MM. Growth in the MDD market is also expected to be driven by the potential introduction of six promising late-stage pipeline products into the market during the forecast period, all of which are directed towards treatment-resistant patients, a significant unmet need.
The recent launch of Lundbeck/Takeda's Trintellix (in 2014) will be the main driver of growth in these markets, as well as the release of four late-stage pipeline drugs during the forecast period. The pipeline drugs will expand the 5EU MDD market substantially from 2018 onwards. Increases in diagnosed prevalent cases of MDD will also drive market growth throughout the 5EU, driven by increased public awareness of depressive disorders, and an increase in the routine screening for depressive disorders.
- Overview of MDD including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in 5EU including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in 5EU from 2015-2025.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting 5EU MDD market.
Key Topics Covered:
1. List of Tables and Figures
3 Disease Overview
4 Disease Management
5 Competitive Assessment
6 Unmet Need and Opportunity
7 Pipeline Assessment
8 Market Outlook
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xsngw9/major_depressive