DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global and China Synthetic Diamond Industry Report, 2016-2020" report to their offering.
At present, China has been the world's biggest monocrystalline diamond producer, with 2015's output accounting for 91% of the global total. In the context of China's slowing economic growth and weakened traditional industrial products market, the output of synthetic diamond fell for two consecutive years, to 15.1 billion karats in 2015, a 10.1% drop from a year ago.
In 2016, the output declined about 7.9% to 13.9 billion karats. With industrial transformation and upgrading, China's synthetic diamond market is beginning to pick up. In the next three years, China's output of monocrystalline synthetic diamond is expected to grow at an average annual rate of 1%-5%, to 16.5 billion karats by 2020.
Synthetic diamond is mainly used in diamond tools. In 2015-2016, affected by the downslide in stone material, drilling& mining, and other traditional industries, the overall demand for diamond tools in China declined. By contrast, however, fueled by emerging industries such as PV silicon wafer, sapphire, semiconductor, and electronic information, the demand for diamond wire and other products showed an upsurge. We expect that by 2020 the market demand for PV- and sapphire-used diamond wire will reach 9.075 billion meters and 4.846 billion meters, respectively, a 1.4-fold and 4-fold increase from 2015.
As for competitors, Zhongnan Diamond, Zhengzhou Sino-Crystal Diamond, and Henan Huanghe Whirlwind ranked among the top 3 in Chinese synthetic diamond industry, holding a combined market share of 75.3% (by output) in 2015. Nevertheless, Chinese companies are mainly concentrated in low and mid-end market, while the high-end market is dominated by foreign companies like Element Six, Hyperion, and ILJIN. In the future, as breakthroughs are continuously made in technological R&D, China-made products will gear towards high-end ones.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Synthetic Diamond Market
3. Synthetic Polycrystalline Diamond Market
4. Upstream and Downstream Markets of Synthetic Diamond Industry
5. Global and China Synthetic Diamond Manufacturers
- Advanced Technology & Materials (AT&M)
- Anhui Hongjing New Material
- BOSUN Tools
- CR GEMS Diamond
- Element Six
- FUNIK Ultrahard Material
- Henan Huanghe Whirlwind
- Henan Yalong Diamond Tools
- Jingri Diamond Industrial
- King-strong New Material Technology
- Monte-Bianco Diamond Applications
- SF Diamond
- Saint Gobain
- Sandvik Hyperion
- Shenzhen HaimingrunSuperhard Materials
- Sinopec Oilfield Equipment Corporation
- Sumitomo Electric Industries
- US Synthetic
- Zhengzhou New Asia Super-hard Material Composite
- Zhengzhou RealySuperabrasives
- Zhengzhou Research Institute for Abrasives & Grinding Co., Ltd.
- Zhengzhou Sino-Crystal Diamond
- Zhongnan Diamond
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ps9ncx/global_and_china