BENTONVILLE, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT):
- Diluted EPS was $1.22, which includes the impact of the discrete items detailed in this press release. Excluding these items, EPS was $1.30.
- Total revenue was $130.9 billion, an increase of 1.0%. Excluding currency, total revenue was $133.6 billion, an increase of 3.0%.
- Walmart U.S. comp sales increased 1.8%, driven by a traffic increase of 1.4%. Neighborhood Market comps increased approximately 5.3%.
- E-commerce growth at Walmart U.S. was strong as sales and GMV increased 29.0% and 36.1%, respectively, including Jet.com and online grocery.
- Net sales at Walmart International were $31.0 billion, a decrease of 5.1%. Excluding currency, net sales were $33.7 billion, an increase of 3.0%.
- The company generated $11.9 billion in operating cash flow and returned $3.6 billion to shareholders through dividends and share repurchases.
Fiscal 2017 highlights
- Diluted EPS from continuing operations was $4.38, which includes certain discrete items detailed in this press release. Excluding these items, EPS was $4.32.
- Total revenue was $485.9 billion, an increase of 0.8%. Excluding currency, total revenue was $496.9 billion, an increase of 3.1%.
- Operating income was $22.8 billion, a decrease of 5.6%. Excluding currency, operating income was $23.4 billion, a decrease of 2.9%.
- The company generated $31.5 billion in operating cash flow and returned $14.5 billion to shareholders through dividends and share repurchases.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
Along with this press release, Walmart makes available a recorded call with executive leaders and a financial presentation to review the business results, provide strategic updates, and comment on expectations for the future. We provide that call in both audio form and in a written transcript. Details on accessing the call are as follows: