DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Reinsurance in Japan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020" report to their offering.
The 'Reinsurance in Japan, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides detailed analysis of the market trends, drivers and challenges in the Japanese reinsurance segment.
It provides values for key performance indicators such as written premium, reinsurance ceded and reinsurance accepted during the review period (2011-2015) and forecast period (2015-2020).
The report also analyses information pertaining to the competitive landscape in the country, gives a comprehensive overview of the Japanese economy and demographics, and provides detailed analysis of natural hazards and their impact on the Japanese insurance industry.
- There are two specialized domestic reinsurers operating in Japan - Toa Reinsurance and Japan Earthquake Reinsurance - along with foreign-owned reinsurers.
- Reinsurance renewal rates fell in 2015, due to improved market conditions and excess capital generated as a consequence of an increase in sales of earthquake insurance, which was due to a rise in premium rates.
- Japan's geographical location makes it a hotspot for seismic activity. The country is prone to catastrophes such as earthquakes, tsunamis, typhoons and floods.
Improvements in reinsurance capacity and earnings are expected to
encourage the entry of new participants.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Key Facts and Highlights
2 Executive Summary
3 Economy and Demographics
4 Reinsurance outlook
5 Natural and Man-made Hazards
6 Competitive Landscape
7 Definition and Methodology
- The Toa Reinsurance Co., Ltd.
- Japan Earthquake Reinsurance Co., Ltd
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wrj6tv/reinsurance_in