DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Malignant Mesothelioma - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2023 - United States" drug pipelines to their offering.
Malignant Mesothelioma - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast - 2023 - United States Reports provides an overview of the disease and global market size of the Malignant Mesothelioma for the United States. It also includes global historical and forecasted epidemiological data for the diagnosed prevalent cases of Malignant Mesothelioma from 2010-2023.
Malignant mesothelioma is a deadly and rare form of cancer that affects the thin lining known as the mesothelium. Mesothelioma helps to protect the organs by making a special lubricating fluid that allows organs to move against each other. Malignant mesothelioma is a rare, asbestos-related cancer that forms on the thin protective tissues that cover the lungs and abdomen. It is a deadly disease as its prognosis is poor and the survival time after diagnosis is around 9-12 months.
Based on the organ which is first affected, mesothelioma can be divided into several categories:
- Pleural Mesothelioma: It affects lining of lungs. It is the most common type of mesothelioma and is caused by the inhalation of asbestos fibers. About 70% of the mesothelioma cases fall under this category.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma: It affects the lining of abdomen. About 15-20 % cases of mesothelioma are diagnosed as peritoneal.
- Pericardial Mesothelioma: It affects the lining of heart. Asbestos fibers can get lodged in the pericardium which is the lining around the heart cavity. It's a rare kind of mesothelioma which occurs in 1 % or less number of cases.
- Tunic vaginalis: It affects the testicles. This is also a rare kind of mesothelioma.
- Report covers the disease overview including pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, disease management, and current treatment options.
- Marketed information including available prescription drugs, its patent and exclusivity details.
- It also provides Market size of Malignant Mesothelioma for United States from 2010 and forecasted Market size to 2023.
- Gemzar: Eli Lilly and Company
- Alimta: Eli Lilly and Company
- Platinol: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Paraplatin: Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Doxorubicin Hydrochloride: Pfizer
For more information about this drug pipelines report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/x8c89c/malignant