SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--RSA Conference 2017 - Venafi®, the leading provider of protection for cryptographic keys and digital certificates, today announced the results of a survey of 918 security professionals attending the 2017 RSA Conference. The survey evaluates the impact of recent global geopolitical changes on data privacy concerns and encryption, the core technology used to ensure data privacy.
“The tension between data privacy and national security is going to continue to escalate,” said Jeff Hudson, CEO of Venafi. “Encryption is the lynchpin of our entire global digital economy. It controls the privacy and security of everything from our personal photos to the most sensitive national security data. Our collective ability to secure encrypted data has a profound impact on digital privacy and trust around the world.”
Key survey findings connected with recent geopolitical changes:
- Almost three-fourths (72 percent) of security professionals say they are more concerned about data privacy; similarly, 71 percent say organizations are more concerned about data privacy.
- Two-thirds of IT security respondents (66 percent) say their organizations are considering increasing their use of encryption.
Only 29 percent of security professionals say they are “90 percent
confident” in their organizations’ ability to secure and protect
- Nearly a third (32 percent) say they are “not confident” or have only “50 percent confidence” in their organizations’ ability to protect and secure encrypted communication.
- Seven percent say they “have no idea” if their organization can protect encrypted communication.
- Approximately three-quarters (72 percent) of security professionals are more concerned today about encryption backdoors than they were a year ago.
“Encryption plays a fundamental role in data privacy, whether it’s protecting data from hackers or governments,” said Paul Turner, CTO of Server Products for Venafi. “The challenges organizations are already facing in managing and securing encryption keys, combined with concerns about the integrity and strength of encryption implementations, is undermining confidence in the privacy and security of data.”
For more information about Venafi please visit www.venafi.com.
Venafi is the market-leading cybersecurity company that secures and protects the cryptographic keys and digital certificates every business and government depends on for secure communications, commerce, computing, and mobility. Venafi provides the Immune System for the Internet®, constantly assessing which keys and certificates are trusted, protecting those that should be trusted, and fixing or blocking those that are not. By protecting the foundation of all cybersecurity—keys and certificates—Venafi prevents them from being misused by cyber criminals. The Venafi Trust Protection Platform delivers an ever-evolving, intelligent response that protects your network, business, and brand.
Venafi customers are among the world's most demanding, security-conscious Global 2000 organizations, including four of the top five U.S. banks, eight of the top U.S. 10 health insurance companies and four of the top seven U.S. retailers. Venafi is backed by top-tier venture capital funds, including Foundation Capital, Intel Capital, Origin Partners, Pelion Venture Partners, QuestMark Partners, and Sliver Lake Partners. For more information, visit www.venafi.com.