DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Roadmap to Advanced Human Resources and Employment Law" conference to their offering.
Are You Prepared for the New Presidential Administration? Is your company at risk for non-compliance? Is your company a lawsuit waiting to happen?
2017 comes in with a lot of uncertainties. With a new administration in the White House, employers can expect drastic change, which may affect and impact your organization. Additionally, employment lawsuits are on the rise. Last year, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) enforcement collected $372.1 million in monetary damages, the highest recovery in agency history. Also, for the last three years, the EEOC reported a record high number of claims filed by employees.
When employers are not properly prepared for workplace issues, companies could face discrimination suits, litigation, settlements, lawyer fees, unplanned expenses, employee turnover, morale issues, and possible negative community image. This Advanced Human Resources and Employment Law Seminar will assist companies in being prepared for the new administration, maintaining employment law compliance, as well as litigation avoidance.
Whether you are in a medium sized company or a large corporation, possessing knowledge of employment laws and HR practices are essential to business success. The number of employment laws/issues you have to be aware of can be overwhelming. In this seminar, you will learn how to deal with confusing human resource situations and how to apply employment laws correctly.
Are you prepared to protect your organization? The average lawsuit is $165,000 without lawyer fees. If the case goes to trial it could cost $1,000,000 or more! Also, non-compliance of employment laws can land you in jail. Be prepared!
Day 1 Schedule
- Overview of Legislative Changes in 2016
- The Impact of the Presidential Election on HR and the Workplace
- Employment Law Overview: What Every Employer Should Know, and
- EEOC Overview and Statistics, Including Top Discrimination Charges filed, and
- How to Spot and Protect Your Organization from a Potentially Violent Person in the Workplace
- What Really Keeps HR up at Night? And,
- Let's Get Some Clarity on FMLA, Reasonable Accommodation, Same Sex Marriage, Intermittent Leave, and How to Handle FMLA abuse
- What the New Overtime Rule Means to You, Hot Topics in Wage and Hour Compliance including Government Misclassification Crackdown, Exempt Versus Non-Exempt, and Independent Contractor versus employee
- How to Write Policies and Procedures and prepare for the New Administration (Group Activity)
Day 2 Schedule
- Top 20 Costly Mistakes Made in Hiring and How to Fix Them
- Progressive Discipline
- How to Write Documentation to Stand Up in Court
- How to Conduct Effective Investigations
- How to Deal with Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace (Includes video and group exam/discussion)
- What Constitutes a Hostile Work Environment
- How to Uncover Costly Legal Hotspots and Inefficiencies by Auditing Your HR Department
- Assertiveness Training - Self Test to Evaluate Your Personality and Style as an Effective Leader (Group Exercise)
For more information about this conference visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wmg9fz/roadmap_to