SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--RSA® Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, kicked off its annual event today in San Francisco. Taking place February 13 – February 17, RSA Conference 2017 brings together the top information security professionals and business leaders to discuss emerging cybersecurity trends and formulate best strategies for tackling current and future threats.
This year’s Conference includes a notable lineup of keynotes, including:
- Mark McLaughlin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Palo Alto Networks
- Matt Moynahan, Chief Executive Officer, Forcepoint™
- Zulfikar Ramzan, Chief Technology Officer, RSA
- Dame Stella Rimington, formerly Director General of the Security Service (MI5)
- Brad Smith, President and Chief Legal Officer, Microsoft
- Terence Spies, HPE Distinguished Chief Technologist, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Dr. Hugh Thompson, Chief Technology Officer, Symantec
- Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, Astrophysicist, Author and Television Personality
- David Ulevitch, Vice President, Cisco’s Security Business Group
- Christopher D. Young, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Intel Security
"This year we head into the conference at a time when security is being discussed more than ever before. Tens of thousands of attendees will come to San Francisco this week to share information and drive collective intelligence from both the private and public sectors," said Linda Gray Martin, Director & General Manager of RSA Conference. "The cybersecurity industry is stronger than it has ever been – of more vital importance than it has ever been – and RSA Conference remains the platform where the world talks security."
Some other highlights at RSA Conference 2017 include:
- Closing Entertainment by Seth Meyers – The Emmy Award-winning writer and current Late Night host will bring his brand of humor and intellect to the RSA Conference stage.
- Interview with Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman, Alphabet Inc. – Gideon Lewis-Kraus, author of "The Great A.I. Awakening" will interview Eric Schmidt, the Executive Chairman of Alphabet Inc, the company that owns Google Inc and other technology businesses.
- The Seven Most Dangerous New Attack Techniques, and What's Coming Next – SANS Panelists Ed Skoudis, Michael Assante, Johannes Ullrich and moderator Alan Paller will provide audiences an update on the most dangerous new attack techniques, how they work, how can they be stopped and how to prepare for what’s coming next in this exciting keynote presentation.
- The Cryptographers’ Panel – Moderated by Paul Kocher, President and Chief Scientist, Cryptography Research division of Rambus, this keynote panel will include Ron Rivest, MIT Institute Professor; Adi Shamir, Borman Professor of Computer Science, The Weizmann Institute, Israel; Whitfield Diffie Cryptographer & Security Expert, Cryptomathic; and Susan Landau, Professor of Cybersecurity Policy at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- Expanded Campus – RSA Conference 2017 is growing beyond the Moscone Center! Please keep a close eye to our agenda as content will now be found in Moscone North, South, West and the nearby Marriott Marquis.
- Innovation Sandbox – Kicking off on Monday, February 13, the popular Innovation Sandbox program culminates with one finalist recognized as “RSA Conference 2017’s Most Innovative Startup.”
- Addition of the Early Stage Expo – RSA Conference has always been committed to providing opportunities for the next generation of cybersecurity innovators. So for 2017, we are excited to announce RSAC Early Stage Expo, a new space in the Marriott Marquis where you can meet with emerging startups and discover new solutions from these up and coming companies.
- Introduction of RSAC AdvancedU – This exciting new series of educational programs offered by RSA Conference teaches cyber-awareness for children, provides outreach to college students to introduce and encourage a career in information security, and supports education throughout the various stages of a career within the industry. RSAC AdvancedU includes the following: RSAC CyberSafety Initiative, the RSAC Security Scholar program, RSAC College Day, LoyaltyPlus and Association Credits.
- More Learning Labs – Learning Labs offer in-depth learning and high interactivity before, during and after RSA Conference. The two-hour Labs target senior security information practitioners (10+ years). Attendees can now choose from 16 of these two-hour interactive sessions ranging from a live cyber-exercise to a deep dive into infosec strategy.
- Peer2Peer Sessions – These highly interactive gatherings are an opportunity for attendees who share a common interest to explore various security issues and topics. Sessions are facilitated by an experienced practitioner.
- RSAC TV – RSAC TV is the conference’s very own onsite recording studio. RSAC TV programming features the best of RSA Conference content distilled into concise and engaging presentations. Speaker interviews and RSAC Studio sessions are recorded throughout the week. RSAC TV is located in the lobby of Moscone West and sessions will be live streamed to our viewing area on West Level 3 and online.
- The Sandbox – RSA Conference’s “sandboxes” are full of hands-on interactive experiences to test your infosec skills. Demo and discuss how pervasive computing and connectedness will inevitably lead to a broader threat landscape in healthcare and business; expand your thinking about threats to smart cities, electric grids and industrial processing plants; and challenge your infosec skills for network and digital forensics. 2017 will include NetWars in the Sandbox SANS DFIR NetWars Tournament SANS One-Hour CtF (Capture the Flag).
RSA Conference would like to extend its thanks to 2017 sponsors: Intel Security, Microsoft, RSA, Cisco, Forcepoint, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Palo Alto Networks, Qualys, Symantec, Akamai, FireEye, Fortinet, IBM, Ixia, SonicWall, Sophos, Splunk, TeleTrust, Trend Micro, and Tripwire.
For a complete look at RSA Conference 2017 please visit: https://www.rsaconference.com/events/us17
RSA CONFERENCE ONLINE
- Join and follow the conversation with hashtag #RSAC
- Blog – http://www.rsaconference.com/blogs
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/rsaconference
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/rsaconference
- LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/company/2901675
- LinkedIn Networking Group – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3120
- YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/RSAConference
- Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsaconference
- Google+ – https://plus.google.com/102053116262408140181/posts
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference is the premier series of global events where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, or the Asia-Pacific region, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. It is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today. For information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry visit www.rsaconference.com.
RSA Conference logo, RSA, Dell, EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.