WOBURN, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Medicinal Genomics and Courtagen Life Sciences, today announced an increasingly influential speaker lineup for CannMed 2017. This second annual Personalized Cannabinoid Medicine Conference will be held at The Joseph B. Martin Conference Center at The Harvard School of Medicine April 9-11, 2017. The conference will feature internationally recognized thought leaders, scientists, physicians, and advocates working to advance research into the endocannabinoid system and cannabinoid therapeutics.
"We are excited to have the top thought-leaders in medicine, research, and industry on board for our second annual conference to discuss the most important issues impacting the cannabis industry today," said Kevin McKernan, Chief Science Officer, Courtagen. "The conference will showcase the important work of these individuals and cover a range of topics including medical applications for cancer, neurology, and other conditions, mobile applications, and critical topical issues such as opioid dependence and medical cannabis safety related to bacterial and fungal contamination."
In addition to Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, cannabis research pioneer and the "Father of Marijuana Research," speakers will include:
- Michael Dor, MD – Chief Medical Officer of the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Chief Medical Consultant in the Israeli Health Ministry’s Medical Cannabis Unit.
- Bonni Goldstein, MD – Medical Director of Canna-Centers, a California medical practice devoted to educating patients about the use of cannabis for serious and chronic medical conditions.
- Elizabeth Anne Thiele, PhD, MD – Director, Pediatric Epilepsy Program at Massachusetts General Hospital. Director, Carol and James Herscot Center for Tuberous Sclerosis Complex. Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School.
- Orrin Devinsky, MD – Professor of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry at the NYU School of Medicine. Devinsky directs the NYU Comprehensive Epilepsy Center and is working on cannabis based clinical studies.
- Dustin Sulak, DO – founder of Integr8 Health, a medical practice treats over 18,000 patients with medical cannabis, Tested Labs, a cannabis analytic laboratory, and Healer.com, a medical cannabis patient education resource.
- Jeffrey Hergenrather, MD – President of the Society of Cannabis Clinicians and a cannabis consultation physician who practices in Northern California.
- Alexandros Makriyannis, PhD – Northeastern University Center for Drug Discovery.
- Staci Gruber PhD – Director, Cognitive and Clinical Neuroimaging Core and Director, Marijuana Investigations for Neuroscientific Discovery at McLean Hospital. Associate Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
- Sara Jane Ward, PhD – Assistant Professor, Center for Substance Abuse Research Department of Pharmacology, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University.
- Nolan Kane, PhD – Assistant Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at University of Boulder Colorado.
- Sean McAllister, PhD – Pharmacologist transforming cancer research to enable more precise therapies and fully personalized cancer care.
… and many more!
This year’s conference will include an option for health care professionals to earn continuing medical education credits (CMEs) in association with TheAnswerPage.com. Medical practitioners that choose this registration option will also be able to choose a non-profit organization to receive a donation through the Courtagen Gives Back Program. Early-bird discounts are available until February 28th. For additional details or to register for CannMed 2017, visit http://www.cannmedevents.com/
Note to editors: Passes are available for accredited media upon request.
About Medicinal Genomics Corporation
Medicinal Genomics Corporation applies state-of-the-art life science technology to Cannabis plant genetics. Our products help growers, dispensaries, and safety testing laboratories characterize and understand the quality of medicinal cannabis. Medicinal Genomics utilizes a highly sophisticated Next Generation Sequencing laboratory, bioinformatics system, and DNA based technologies to deliver unmatched technical solutions to decipher the genetic code and quality level of medicinal Cannabis. Medicinal Genomics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Courtagen Life Sciences, Inc. For more information, please visit http://www.medicinalgenomics.com/
About Courtagen Life Sciences, Inc.
Courtagen Life Sciences, Inc., located in Woburn, MA, is a CLIA/CAP certified molecular information company focused on the diagnosis of a range of neurological disorders. Courtagen operates a highly sophisticated Next Generation DNA Sequencing, bioinformatics, and clinical interpretation business. Courtagen’s work helps physicians elucidate the linkages between the genotypes and phenotypes of various neurological diseases. For more information, please visit http://www.courtagen.com/