DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sidley Austin LLP is pleased to announce that Yvette Ostolaza has been elected to serve on its firmwide Management Committee, the governing body responsible for administering the operating affairs of the firm. Ms. Ostolaza will retain her current leadership positions within the firm, including serving on Sidley’s Executive Committee, as managing partner of its Dallas office, and as co-leader of the Securities and Shareholder Litigation practice.
“Yvette has made numerous significant contributions to the growth and success of our firm since joining Sidley in 2013,” said Larry Barden, chair of Sidley’s Management Committee. “Her dynamic personality, inherent leadership ability and strong commitment to client service will make her a valued member of the committee.”
Ms. Ostolaza is a nationally recognized lawyer whose experience and leadership have earned her extensive accolades, among them:
- Recognition as one of the “Best Lawyers in Dallas”
- Named to D CEO magazine’s list of the “Dallas 500”
- The Texas Lawyer’s “Lifetime Achievement Award”
- The Diversity and the Bar magazine’s “Rainmaker” recognition
- Named by the Texas Diversity Counsel as one of the 20 “Most Powerful & Influential Women” in Texas
- Recognition as one of the “Top 250 Women in Litigation” in the U.S. in Benchmark Litigation
- Named a “Leading General Commercial Litigator” in Chambers USA
- Selected as one of 20 “Women of Excellence” honored nationwide by Hispanic Business magazine
- Recipient of the Girls Inc. “Women of Achievement” award
“I am humbled to be given the opportunity to serve Sidley in this additional leadership capacity,” said Ms. Ostolaza. “I look forward to collaborating with my colleagues in guiding the firm while maintaining my active litigation, investigations and board practice. Even with this added responsibility, I remain committed to ensuring my clients continue to receive the exceptionally high level of service they have come to expect.”
With 1,900 lawyers in 20 offices around the globe, Sidley is a premier legal adviser for clients across the spectrum of industries. Follow Sidley on Twitter @SidleyLaw.
For purposes of the New York State Bar rules, this press release may be considered Attorney Advertising and our headquarters are Sidley Austin LLP, 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10019, +1 212 839 5300; One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603, +1 312 853 7000; and 1501 K Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005, +1 202 736 8000.
Sidley and Sidley Austin refer to Sidley Austin LLP and affiliated partnerships as explained at www.sidley.com/disclaimer.