MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cumulus Networks, the leading provider bringing web-scale networking to enterprise cloud, today announced the availability of Cumulus Express, its first ever turn-key deployment offering. Cumulus Express includes 1G through 100G hardware platforms pre-loaded with feature-rich Cumulus Linux, along with a list of compatible cables and optics. It is the industry’s best combination of high performance switching hardware and open networking software in a convenient one-stop shop experience that simplifies and streamlines adoption, making it ideal for both organizations just beginning to adopt web-scale networking principles and for traditional enterprises accustomed to sourcing their networking gear as appliances.
The new solution comes on the back of impressive growth for Cumulus Networks in the last 12 months that has strengthened its position in the market, including:
- Bookings growth fueled by high profile customer wins: Increased year over year bookings by 200%+ in 2016 with more than 500 customers deploying Cumulus Networks technology, including 28% of the Fortune 50. New customers include Verizon, Athena Health, and Outbrain, while 30% of existing customers expanded their Cumulus footprint as the adoption of web-scale IT among companies of all sizes continues to grow.
- Technical innovation: In 2016, Cumulus Networks added a number of new hardware platforms, bringing the total platform count to more than 50 platforms to allow for freedom of choice. The company also added the Cumulus Linux Network Command Line Utility (NCLU), and a rich set of other protocols to its Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking stack, making it the most open and robust in the industry and significantly lowering the barrier of entry for networking engineers.
- A stronger, expanded ecosystem: The company fortified its enterprise cloud solutions with the Cumulus OpenStack ML2 plugin, VMware NSX vSphere certification, and the Solutions Marketplace, which includes more than 50 community-led solutions from automation to network services. Cumulus Networks also partnered with Mellanox, expanding silicon and system choice.
- Transformation of the leadership team: The senior team has been bolstered with decades of industry experience through the recent appointment of Andrew R. Harding as VP of Product, who has deep networking experience from leading enterprises and joins recently appointed CFO Jim McNicholas, new VP of Sales Ron DiBiase, and new VP of Marketing Ami Badani on the team. These appointments followed the naming of Josh Leslie as CEO in March 2016 by co-founder JR Rivers, who transitioned to CTO.
- Industry recognition: Cumulus Networks was named one of Glassdoor’s best small tech companies to work for in 2016, while Cumulus Linux 3.0 was selected as a finalist for CRN’s 2016 Products of the Year and 2016 Tech Innovator awards.
“2016 was a great year for Cumulus Networks as we helped more customers meet the demand for web-scale networking than ever before,” said Josh Leslie, CEO, Cumulus Networks. “Despite this success, we refuse to rest on our laurels, which is why we’re now offering customers the most straightforward path yet to web-scale adoption by packaging all their networking needs into Cumulus Express. With a large and growing stable of happy and successful customers, a strong leadership team, and the kind of innovation we continue to deliver with solutions like this, we are on course to continue our impressive growth into 2017 and beyond.”
With more companies large and small turning to web-scale networking, Cumulus Networks’ latest offering provides a simple and efficient on ramp for adoption. Cumulus Express includes a preloaded switch with the Cumulus Linux Network Operating System license, and a list of certified cables and optics the customer can order, providing customers a friction-free experience. Cumulus Express includes a complete portfolio of networking switches, ranging from 1G to 100G platforms, that customers globally can source from Cumulus Networks authorized channel partners.
Cumulus Express brings a range of benefits to organizations looking to accelerate adoption of web-scale IT, including:
- A single source for modern networking needs including switch, optics, cables, and Cumulus Linux pre-loaded.
- Accelerated time to first production with an out-of-the-box next-generation networking experience, including pre-activated license key and list of certified cables/optics making set-up straightforward.
- Superior support with integrated 24x7 global availability, giving customers an extended team to help maintain and grow their data center operations.
- A simple, streamlined ordering process through one single purchase order for the entire package.
- Easy to run by minimizing switch/optics incompatibility issues.
"Cumulus Networks had the foresight to know that the world was ready for an open network OS, unlike other well known competitors who are still struggling to catch up,” said Joshua Brown, Healthcare Realty Trust Inc. “The level of integration with third party systems is phenomenal because it's just Linux. Follow the Rocket Turtle, take the red pill.”
Cumulus Express is available for immediate purchase worldwide through authorized Cumulus Networks resellers and distributors.
- Blog: https://cumulusnetworks.com/blog/introducing-cumulus-express/
- Read more at https://cumulusnetworks.com/cumulus-express/
About Cumulus Networks
Cumulus Networks is leading the transformation of bringing web-scale networking to enterprise cloud. As the only systems solution that fully unlocks the vertical network stacks of the modern data center, Cumulus Linux allows companies of all sizes to affordably build and efficiently operate their networks just like the world’s largest data centers. By allowing operators to use standard hardware components, Cumulus Networks offers unprecedented operational speed and agility, at the industry’s most competitive cost. Cumulus Networks has received venture funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Peter Wagner and four of the original VMware founders.
For more information visit cumulusnetworks.com or follow @cumulusnetworks.
CUMULUS, the Cumulus Logo, CUMULUS NETWORKS, and the Rocket Turtle Logo (the “Marks”) are trademarks and service marks of Cumulus Networks, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior written consent of Cumulus Networks.
The registered trademark Linux® is used pursuant to a sublicense from LMI, the exclusive licensee of Linus Torvalds, owner of the mark on a worldwide basis.