ANAHEIM, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zyxel Communications, a leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, today announced the launch of the XGS4600 Series 28-port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Switches with 4 SFP+ Uplinks. Available in Gigabit Ethernet and SFP versions, these premium switches provide a high-performance, reliable, and affordable solution for managing bandwidth-intensive networks in demanding environments such as businesses, hotels and schools.
The stackable XGS4600 series switches come in both RJ45 Ethernet Copper Ports or Gigabit Ethernet Fiber SFP versions to support both copper and fiber deployments. The XGS4600-32, which features 24 Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 ports, is ideal for deployments with existing copper Ethernet that require 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplink speeds to support high bandwidth applications. The XGS4600-32F is ideal for fiber deployments in a building or for ISPs looking to provide Gigabit Fiber to the premise, home or office and provides 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports to eliminate bottlenecks in the core network. Both switches deliver a switching capacity of 136 Gbps and include four Gigabit Ethernet combo (RJ-45/SFP) ports and four 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ slots for congestion-free, high-speed uplink connections.
Key Benefits of the XGS4600 Series Switches
- High Availability – Physical stacks can be created through one or two 10 Gigabit SFP+ slots to implement fault-tolerant networks; up to four units or 112 Gigabit ports can be configured as a stack and managed as a single switch using optional direct-attach cables or transceivers; stacking topology under the ring architecture provides high-redundancy in case one of the stacking links fails; active-standby power redundancy triggers backup power supply in the event of main power supply failure.
- Advanced Layer 3 Features – Dynamic routing simplifies cross-subnet communications in complex networks; Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 routing capabilities; stackable switches enlarge network coverage and improve network resilience.
- Flexible Management, Future-Proof – Manageable via Command Line Interface or an intuitive Web-based GUI; supports IPv4- and IPv6-based infrastructures to support future network upgrade requirements.
“The bandwidth demands on businesses and organizations of all sizes are growing exponentially as the network becomes the backbone for business-critical technologies such as IP surveillance, VoIP systems, high-definition video streaming, and public WiFi access,” explained Tri Nguyen, market development manager at Zyxel. “Our new XGS4600 Series switches are affordable, versatile, high-performance solutions that enable users to expand and easily manage their growing network infrastructures to meet those growing bandwidth requirements and eliminate network bottlenecks.”
The Zyxel XGS4600 Series 28-port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Switches with 4 SFP+ Uplinks each carry a standard 2-year warranty and are available now through all Zyxel authorized resellers and e-Commerce partners at an MSRP of $1,900. For more information on Zyxel and its families of connectivity solutions for homes and businesses, visit www.zyxel.com/us and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About Zyxel Communications
Focused on innovation and customer-centricity, Zyxel Communications has been connecting people to the Internet for nearly 30 years. Our ability to adapt and innovate with networking technology places us at the forefront of creating connectivity for telcos and service providers, business and home users. Zyxel is building the networks of tomorrow, unlocking potential, and meeting the needs of the modern workplace — powering people at work, life, and play. Zyxel, Your Networking Ally.
- 1,500 passionate associates worldwide
- 100 million devices creating global connections
- 700,000 businesses working smarter with Zyxel solutions
- 150 global markets served