ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Ingenico Group (Euronext: FR0000125346 - ING), the global leader in seamless payment, today announced the launch of the Lane/7000, its sleekest, most secure smart terminal specifically engineered for the ultimate checkout experience. Designed for speed and efficiency in any environment, the Lane/7000 enables merchants to increase customer engagement, improve brand loyalty and drive additional sales directly through the smart terminal. The launch of this device also marks the introduction of Ingenico Group’s Telium TETRA payment solutions to the US market, which includes a complete payment suite relying on four pillars: a range of innovative payment terminals, a new Operating System supporting HTML5 web apps, a new estate management solution and an app Marketplace for fast deployment of value-added services.
As the industry’s first and only PCI PTS 5.x certified smart payment terminal, the Lane/7000 is designed to meet local regulations and ensure long-term payment security compliance. Combined with support for semi-integrated configurations, made possible through the Telium TETRA operating system, the device makes it easier for merchants to not only become PCI compliant, but also protect their business from attacks that target POS software.
“Merchants and consumers have come to expect more streamlined and secure payment experiences at the point of sale. Ingenico Group’s Lane/7000 is designed to specifically fulfill these requirements while capturing customers’ attention without adding to lane or countertop clutter,” said Jacques Guérin, EVP of smart terminals & mobile solutions, Ingenico Group. “The Lane/7000 provides merchants with the technology to be able to accept the latest payment form factors and powerful software that is able to support both payment and business applications for a more robust and complete checkout experience.”
An intuitive and interactive device, the Lane/7000 makes it easier for merchants to turn the point of sale into a point of engagement. Backed by Ingenico Group’s Telium TETRA operating system, the device leverages HTML5 to offer the same user experience, multimedia touchscreen capabilities, and user-friendly interface as a tablet computer.
Additional features and benefits of the Lane/7000 include:
- Support of the latest payment types, including EMV chip & PIN, EMV chip & sign, magstripe and NFC/contactless, including mobile wallets and alternative payment methods.
- Automatic and remote diagnostics as well as preventive maintenance capabilities lower the total cost of ownership and help protect hardware investments.
- Compatibility with existing hardware infrastructure streamlines the terminal upgrade process and reduces implementation costs for merchants.
- Flush 5-inch WVGA tablet-like color display with capacitive touch capabilities offers a simplified checkout experience at the point of sale.
- Dual swipe head, EMV chip reader and dedicated contactless landing area enhance the customer experience by enabling consumers to quickly and easily pay using the payment method of their choice.
- Readily available Bluetooth and Wi-Fi options eliminate the need for cumbersome wires and allow for optimal terminal placement.
Ingenico Group will showcase the Lane/7000 for the first time at the National Retail Federation’s BIG Show (Booth #1742), taking place in New York, NY, January 15-17, 2017. For more information, please visit: https://info.ingenico.us/nrf-big-show-2017.
About Ingenico Group
Ingenico Group (Euronext: FR0000125346 - ING) is the global leader in seamless payment, providing smart, trusted and secure solutions to empower commerce across all channels, in-store, online and mobile. With the world’s largest payment acceptance network, we deliver secure payment solutions with a local, national and international scope. We are the trusted world-class partner for financial institutions and retailers, from small merchants to several of the world’s best-known global brands. Our solutions enable merchants to simplify payment and deliver their brand promise. Learn more at www.ingenico.com or twitter.com/Ingenico.