MALVERN, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--USA Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:USAT) ("USAT"), a payment technology provider of cashless and mobile transactions in self-serve retail, today announced the availability of the ePort® Connect Platform’s G10-S Series, which has been certified for use on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network. This latest generation ePort introduces advances in cashless payment processing, as well as mobile wallet and consumer engagement services. The new features are designed to capitalize on advances in both wireless technology and smartphone devices that make connecting businesses to consumers, and consumers to businesses, as frictionless as ever.
Highlighted services includes:
- The ePort G10-S is the first 4G LTE cashless payment device in the unattended small-ticket retail industry. Nationwide availability of the G10-S is expected in February 2017, and would enable USAT to offer its customers faster processing and enhanced functionality, and make it possible to support the sophisticated value-added services of ePort Connect as technology and consumer requirements evolve.
- The nationwide availability of the G10-S would enable USAT to offer its customers enhanced functionality for payment and consumer engagement applications that require higher speeds and large data loads; and make it possible to support certain add-on features as technology and customer requirements evolve. Another major advantage of upgrading to LTE is that it provides a minimum ten-year network life span.
- USAT's ePort G10-S features Apple Pay loyalty integration with the MORE. loyalty program. The ePort G10-S device arrives ready to accept the next generation MORE. loyalty and payroll deduct platform via Apple Pay, which was announced and demonstrated last week at CES 2017.
- The ePort G10-S operates on a stronger wireless signal than ever. The new design includes a second “diversity antenna” giving it the ability to connect to wireless networks over farther distances than devices with a single antenna.
- Through USAT's augmented MORE. loyalty program, brands have the ability to reach targeted consumers directly, impacting buying behavior through their smartphones. The push messaging features, enhanced by new functionality in the G10-S, can even reward consumers instantly for acting upon the messaging. These capabilities are designed to help operators increase sales and participation at the point of sale, collect and report on purchasing behavior for brands, and seamlessly reward consumers in a relevant and targeted manner.
- USAT's platform gives vending operators the ability to accept many payment methods, whether a consumer prefers to use credit, debit, Apple, Android or Samsung Pay or even one of the many closed loop loyalty, campus cards and payroll deduct programs integrated with USAT’s MORE. program, ePort devices are ready to accept the payment in a PCI Level 1 secure environment and the G10-S processes the transaction faster than ever before.
“Investing in 4G LTE and mobile wallet loyalty means investing in the future - not just ours but our customers’,” said Stephen P. Herbert, Chairman and CEO, USA Technologies. “By adding G10-S to our portfolio we believe that we can offer an even more robust suite of services with greater capabilities, combined with powerful processing and an enhanced consumer loyalty experience. USA Technologies is continually striving to add value for our customers by staying ahead of the technology curve. G10-S provides our customers with the latest in wireless technology as well as providing them access to our growing suite of services.”
USAT’s ePort Connect provides seamless, turnkey cashless payments and telemetry services at nearly 450,000 locations nationwide. The company currently has one of the largest footprints of NFC-enabled mobile payments acceptance points in the U.S. market with over 300,000 NFC-equipped merchant locations at corporate complexes, universities, laundromats, in-store kiosks, and theme parks, among others.
The ePort G10-S was certified for use on the Verizon Wireless network at the Verizon Labs facility in Bedminster, N.J.
The G10-S is expected to be available in February 2017. For more information, please call +1 800-770-8539.
USA Technologies: https://usatech.com/
Resource Center: https://usatech.com/resource-center/the-benefits
Sales and Partnership Inquiries:
Please contact USA Technologies, Inc. at +1 800.633.0340 or email@example.com.
About ePort Connect®:
USAT's ePort Connect service is a PCI-compliant suite of cashless payment and telemetry services specially tailored to fit the needs of self-serve retail industries. Designed to be a "one-stop shop," services offered through ePort Connect include wireless and merchant account setup, simplified processing rates, settlement and reconciliation, 24 x 7 customer service and a host of value-added services, including mobile payment, loyalty programs and integrated payment services for micro-markets and other POS devices.
About USA Technologies:
USA Technologies, Inc. is a premier payment technology service provider of integrated cashless and mobile transactions in the self-service retail market. The company also provides a broad line of cashless acceptance technologies including its NFC-ready ePort® G-series, ePort Mobile™ for customers on the go, ePort® Interactive, and QuickConnect, an API Web service for developers. USA Technologies has 78 United States and foreign patents in force; and has agreements with Verizon, Visa, Chase Paymentech and customers such as Compass, AMI Entertainment and others. For more information, please visit the website at www.usatech.com.
"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: All statements other than statements of historical fact included in this release, including without limitation the business strategy and the plans and objectives of USAT's management for future operations, are forward-looking statements. When used in this release, words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "intend," and similar expressions, as they relate to USAT or its management, identify forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements are based on the beliefs of USAT's management, as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to USAT's management. Actual results could differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including but not limited to, the ability of USAT to predict future market conditions and consumer behavior; the possibility that all of the expected benefits and efficiencies from the ePort G10-S will not be realized by all vending operators and on all vending machines or within the expected time period; whether, and the extent to which, push messaging features would increase sales and participation at the point of sale; and the ability of USAT to operate without infringing or violating the intellectual property rights of others. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statement made by us in this release speaks only as of the date of this release. Unless required by law, USAT does not undertake to release publicly any revisions to these forward-looking statements to reflect future events or circumstances or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.