OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In this A.M.BestTV episode, insurance sales experts explain how better access to customer and risk data, aided by an expanding array of communication platforms, are remaking how brokers and agents are working with clients and prospects. Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=sales117 to view the entire program.
Over the past 30 years, insurance sales have changed in a variety of ways. One is the velocity of sales, as the speed with which clients are looking for solutions has increased exponentially. Douglas Turk, chief marketing officer, JLT Group, sees the increasing amount of data in the sales process as being another major change.
“The fact that companies are now looking at analytics, exposures and loss histories very early, has fundamentally changed where the industry is going. Sales are much faster and this requires companies to move much quicker and use data more efficiently,” said Turk.
The panelists also addressed how using technology more proficiently, as well social media and data mining, has changed how insurance sales are conducted.
To view this entire webinar, titled, “Succeeding in the Data-Driven Insurance Sales Environment,” visit http://www.ambest.com/webinars/sales16.
Other people that appear in this episode:
- Marya J. Propis, U.S. commercial head of broker engagement, American International Group, Inc.;
- Cynthia Beveridge, deputy chief executive officer, AON InPoint;
- Bob Howe, placement & market leader, Marsh; and
- Kabir Syed, chief executive officer and founder, RiskMatch.
Recent episodes of A.M.BestTV include:
- Cyber Exposures Trigger Wider Range of Legal Risks: Legal and insurance experts review the emerging range of cyber exposures and explain why the industry is still in the early stages of understanding these risks: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=cyber117.
- Through Disaster Simulations, FM Global Uncovers the Science of Loss: FM Global’s Research Campus, is a place where its engineers ignite explosions, fire lumber cannons and shake offices every day in an effort to prevent the leading causes of property loss: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=catlab117.
- Life, Asian Insurance Growth Remake List of World’s Largest Insurers: Executives examine A.M. Best’s annual list of top global insurers, which shows shifts in rankings driven by regional insurance and product trends: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=globalrankings117.
Analytics, Compliance Demands Drive Growth for Auditors & Actuaries:
Executive Editor Patricia Vowinkel discusses Best's Review's annual ranking of insurance industry outside auditing and actuarial firms: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=auditor117.
A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M.BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2017 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.