PEACHTREE CITY, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Power management company Eaton will showcase its latest residential solutions that help builders provide the lifestyle that modern technology can offer to home buyers and owners at the 2017 National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) International Builders’ Show (IBS), booth W3490, in Orlando, Florida, from January 10 to 12. Eaton will showcase its portfolio that is helping enable the connected home of the future, including innovative light-emitting diode (LED) lighting, residential energy management and wiring devices solutions.
“The future of home connectivity is bright and home buyers are looking to builders and contractors to provide the latest technology, from energy-efficient lighting to smart home solutions,” said Brad Paine, vice president and general manager, Eaton’s Lighting Division. “Whether building residential properties, renovating a residence or raising a family in a single- or multi-family building, builders and homeowners can rest assured that Eaton’s products help increase safety and security, reduce energy costs and save time and money.”
Visitors to Eaton’s booth can learn more about today’s connected products, including compatible wireless solutions for tech-savvy homeowners, new feature-rich solutions and products to help homeowners live safely and securely with minimized energy costs.
Eaton will also highlight and preview some of its newest product offerings at IBS, including:
- Eaton’s Energy Management Circuit Breaker (EMCB), which combines circuit breaker technology and provides circuit protection in the customer’s load center, with internet connectivity and on-board intelligence, making a home’s circuits “smart.” This intelligence provides better energy use information to help simplify residential energy management and optimize utility grid reliability.
- Eaton’s Halo Surface Mounted Downlight (SMD) provides an all-in-one solution with the latest in LED technology. With an ultra-low profile and sleek modern look, the new downlight can easily and quickly be installed directly into drywall without the need for a recessed housing or a junction box.
Eaton’s broad range of products for residential building, including advanced LED lighting technologies, smart breakers, USB receptacles, generators and switches and sensors will be on display at the company’s booth.
In addition, visitors to Eaton’s booth can talk to industry experts and learn from successful residential contractor and television personality Mike Holmes, Sr. Booth-side activities at the Eaton booth will include:
- January 11, 2:15 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Mike Holmes, Sr., will walk viewers through an interactive display highlighting what not to do when wiring. Attendees will participate live as Holmes discusses a wide range of wiring errors, and offers tips for talking to homeowners about wiring issues and why they should hire a certified electrical contractor. In addition, at 3:15 p.m., Holmes will take questions about electrical safety on Facebook Live.
- Throughout the show, Eaton will feature videos of actor and environmentalist Ed Begley, Jr., in his new, LEED Platinum certified home. The videos highlight the safe, efficient and reliable solutions from Eaton used in the home.
During IBS, attendees can see Eaton’s solutions at work around the show, including:
- NAHB’s The New American Home and The New American Remodeled Home, found at booths W38 and W39, respectively, incorporate Eaton’s electrical solutions including multiple load centers and panels, arc fault / ground fault circuit breakers and receptacles, lighting controls, surge solutions to protect sophisticated electronics, and other digital solutions to support and control home automation.
- NextGen Home Experience®, found at booth P19, features Halo SLD LED downlights.
- Home Builders Institute tiny home project includes Eaton’s residential and wiring devices product and can be seen at booth S1680.
Eaton delivers a range of innovative and reliable indoor and outdoor lighting solutions, as well as controls products specifically designed to maximize performance, energy efficiency and cost savings. Eaton lighting solutions serve customers in the commercial, industrial, retail, institutional, residential, utility and other markets.
Eaton’s electrical business is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.