REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Virtual Console on Wii U
- Pokémon Snap – The Nintendo 64 cult classic is now on the Wii U console! Travel to Pokémon Island to embark on a safari and take the best possible in-game photographs of 63 different Pokémon. The island has many types of climates and environments to explore, along with secret activities and hidden passages to discover. Some of the Pokémon can be a little shy and won’t pose for the camera unless you tease them with special items. After you’re done, submit one picture of each Pokémon to Professor Oak, and he’ll judge it based on size, pose, technique and number of Pokémon captured. Can you snap the perfect shot?
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Kirby and Yoshi Join My Nintendo’s Rewards Lineup – My Nintendo is kicking off the New Year with discount rewards on select digital games featuring Kirby and Yoshi. Fans can redeem My Nintendo points for discounts on the following digital games at https://my.nintendo.com:
- Get a New Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 2DS System During the Holidays? – You already know your new Nintendo system plays awesome games, but here are a few more ways to make the most out of your new system. Visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/get-started to learn more.
Also new this week:
- Quiet Please! (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Spheroids (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Cup Critters (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Zombie Brigade: No Brain No Gain (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console, the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi™ Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™. Click here for details about the recent Nintendo DSi Shop service change.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.