LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--– CES Booth #44006 – Fitbit (NYSE: FIT), the leader in the connected health and fitness market, today announced partnerships with three cutting-edge brands in the health and fitness space as part of the growing list of popular products and services that have joined the Works with Fitbit® program.
- Habit, the world’s first complete personalized nutrition solution, leverages Fitbit data to create customized food recommendations and nutrition plans.
- Peloton, the company that created a revolutionary indoor bike that brings live and on-demand studio classes into your home, automatically shares post-ride metrics to your Fitbit® app so you can see the impact on your overall health and fitness.
- VirZOOM, online multiplayer virtual reality sports games, gives you credit for your VR bike ride directly in your Fitbit app, providing a fun, gamified approach to meeting your workout goals.
Works with Fitbit® lets developers, brands and Fitbit users connect the Fitbit platform to popular health and wellness apps, services and hardware products, making it easier for consumers to achieve their wellness goals. As the first company in the category to offer an open API, Fitbit has the flexibility to partner with top brands and developers, no matter what platform they choose, across areas such as exercise equipment, gaming, hospitality, nutrition and wellness. Today, thousands of companies are leveraging this program.
“We embrace new partnerships with brands that share our goal of creating experiences that enable people to lead a healthier, more active lifestyle and we are always looking for fun, innovative ways to keep our community engaged and motivated on their health and fitness journey,” said Tim Rosa, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer at Fitbit. “Whether you enjoy racing through a virtual reality world as an F1 driver, or you are motivated to pedal your heart out with a group class in the comfort of your own home, the Works with Fitbit program makes it easy for users to enjoy, track and measure their health and fitness stats all in one spot.”
Receive Tailored Nutrition and Food Recommendations with Habit
By sharing your Fitbit data directly with Habit, you can get even more informed and personalized daily nutrition suggestions.
- Habit will incorporate weight, body fat percentage and calories burned from the Fitbit app as biometric data points that are then measured and analyzed along with your health goals, food preferences and over 60 nutrition-related biomarkers to create a nutrition plan and fresh, doorstep-delivered meals that are tailored to you.
- For example, if your goal is to lose 10 pounds, but your daily activity isn’t sufficient to meet this goal, Habit could adjust (decrease) your daily calorie recommendation and modify the amounts and types of carbs, fat and protein you should eat to help you meet your goal.
- As your data changes in the Fitbit app, Habit will leverage the real-time updates to make adjustments and re-calculate your nutrition plan, coaching support and food recommendations.
- Fitbit and Habit will continue to expand this integration by incorporating additional Fitbit data, including sleep stats and health and fitness goals, into the Habit recommendation platform.
Capture Every Mile You Ride with Peloton
Launching on Peloton bikes this week, your Peloton ride metrics will sync directly to the Fitbit app, making it easy for you to see the impact your ride has on your day and helping you reach your fitness goals.
- With an easy on-bike setup, your Peloton metrics will automatically sync to your Fitbit account after each ride.
- Each Peloton ride will be logged as an exercise in the Fitbit app where you can view your workout summary, including name of ride and instructor, the length of time, distance and calories burned.
- If you’re wearing a Fitbit device that tracks heart rate, such as Fitbit Charge 2™, your Fitbit heart rate data will also be captured in your exercise log in the Fitbit app.
- By syncing your Peloton workouts with your Fitbit account, all your data will be in one central location so you can view a more complete picture of your overall health and fitness.
Get Credit for your VR Gaming Workout with VirZOOM
With the Fitbit and VirZOOM partnership, you can take a fun, gamified approach to reaching your health and fitness goals through virtual reality play. As you pedal on your VirZOOM VR Bike in the real world, you are propelled through a virtual world as an F1 driver, tank commander, a Pegasus and more.
- VirZOOM offers an easy online setup so all of your VirZOOM vSports and VirZOOM VR bike play will automatically sync to your Fitbit account, giving you credit toward your goals.
- Each workout will be logged as an exercise in the Fitbit app and will include workout duration, distance pedaled and calories burned.
- If you wear a Fitbit device that tracks heart rate during your VirZOOM session, your Fitbit heart rate data will also be captured in your exercise log in the Fitbit app.
- By syncing your VirZOOM workouts with your Fitbit account, all of your data will be in one centralized location so you can view a more complete picture of your overall health and fitness.
The Growing Works with Fitbit® Ecosystem
Habit, Peloton and VirZOOM join thousands of popular health and fitness apps, services, hardware products, games and interactive entertainment that are integrated into the Works with Fitbit ecosystem, including Lose It!, MapMyFitness, MINDBODY Connect®, MyFitnessPal, Strava, Thermos® Connected Hydration Bottle with Smart Lid, Walgreens Balance® Rewards and Weight Watchers. Other notable partners that recently joined the program include Amazon Alexa and popular video game NBA 2K17.
- The Fitbit skill for Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo, recognizes a wide range of voice-enabled requests about your Fitbit activities for any day within the previous week, including how you slept last night, how many active minutes you’ve logged, or the number of calories you’ve burned—all without needing to check your tracker or Fitbit app. To get started, enable the Fitbit skill and say, “Alexa, ask Fitbit how I’m doing.”
- Through the NBA 2K17 partnership, Fitbit users who achieve 10,000 steps in a day will receive a temporary attribute boost to their MyPLAYER in NBA 2K17 for two consecutive games, enhancing their MyPLAYER’s performance on the court.
Fitbit at CES® 2017
Visit the Fitbit booth at CES to learn more about the new Works with Fitbit® partnerships and experience the entire Fitbit platform of connected health and fitness products that help motivate millions to reach their health and fitness goals – Tech West: Sands Expo at The Venetian, Level 2, #44006.
About Fitbit, Inc. (NYSE: FIT)
Fitbit helps people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals. As the leader in the connected health and fitness category, Fitbit designs products and experiences that track everyday health and fitness. Fitbit’s diverse line of award-winning products includes Fitbit Surge®, Fitbit Blaze™, Fitbit Charge 2™, Fitbit Charge HR™, Alta™, Fitbit Charge™, Fitbit Flex 2™, Fitbit Flex®, Fitbit One® and Fitbit Zip® activity trackers, as well as the Aria® Wi-Fi Smart Scale. Fitbit products are carried in 54,000 retail stores and in 65 countries around the globe. Fitbit Group Health uses the power of the Fitbit activity trackers, software, and services to deliver innovative solutions for corporate wellness, weight management, insurance and clinical research. Fitstar by Fitbit offers a digital health and fitness platform that helps and inspires users to get fit anytime, anywhere, and has a footprint of over 6.8 million downloads across the Fitstar Personal Trainer and Fitstar Yoga apps with availability in 155 countries.
Fitbit and the Fitbit logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the US and other countries. Additional Fitbit trademarks can be found at www.fitbit.com/legal/trademark-list. Third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.