WALL, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NJR Clean Energy Ventures (NJRCEV), the unregulated clean energy subsidiary of New Jersey Resources (NJR), today announced the completion of the Ringer Hill Wind Farm located in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, approximately 60 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. The project consists of 14 GE turbines with a total capacity of 39.9 megawatts, enough to power more than 9,800 homes annually. Additionally, the wind farm qualifies for federal production tax credits, which will be used by NJR.
“With the successful completion of Ringer Hill - our fifth onshore wind project - wind now accounts for 50 percent of our clean energy portfolio,” said Laurence M. Downes, chairman and CEO of New Jersey Resources. “As we continue to invest in and grow our business, we are making clean energy even more accessible in today’s marketplace.”
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE:IRM), a global leader in storage and information management services, purchased 26.6 megawatts at Ringer Hill in a 15-year wind power purchase agreement, which will support the energy requirements for its data center business.
NJRCEV invests in, owns and operates clean energy projects that provide low-carbon energy solutions. To date, NJRCEV’s approach has focused on commercial and residential solar project development in New Jersey and onshore wind projects across the country.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that, through its subsidiaries, provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution, asset management and home services. NJR is comprised of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas, NJR’s principal subsidiary, operates and maintains over 7,300 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris, Middlesex and Burlington counties.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services and customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity of more than 276 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its 50 percent equity ownership in the Steckman Ridge natural gas storage facility and its stake in Dominion Midstream Partners, L.P., as well as its 20 percent equity interest in the PennEast Pipeline Project.
- NJR Home Services provides service contracts as well as heating, central air conditioning, water heaters, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes throughout New Jersey.
NJR and its more than 1,000 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad, iPhone and Android.