OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In this series of A.M.BestTV episodes, A.M. Best’s leading analysts discuss the rating agency’s 2017 Credit Rating outlooks on the property/casualty, life/annuity, life reinsurance and the health segments of the U.S. insurance industry, along with the global reinsurance sector.
To view the individual video segments, click the URLs below:
- Global Reinsurance 2017 Outlook – Negative: A.M. Best Director Greg Reisner discusses A.M. Best’s negative outlook of the global reinsurance sector and the new market realities considering the environment for rates, investment yield, reserve development, mergers & acquisitions and terms and conditions: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=reinsuranceoutlook1216.
- U.S. Life/Annuity 2017 Outlook – Negative: A.M. Best Director Thomas Rosendale talks about the reasons behind an outlook revision to negative for the U.S. life/annuity sector, saying that building pressure on a number of issues, including economic and regulatory uncertainties, has tipped the agency’s view on the sector: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=lifeannuity1216.
- U.S. Property/Casualty, Commercial Lines 2017 Outlook – Negative: A.M. Best Senior Director Michael Lagomarsino explores the factors causing a negative outlook hold-over in 2017 for the U.S. property/casualty commercial lines segment, including intensifying price competition and underwriting margin compression: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=pccommercial1216.
- U.S. Property/Casualty, Personal Lines 2017 Outlook – Stable: A.M. Best Senior Director Greg Williams talks about the rationale behind a stable outlook affirmation for the U.S. property/casualty personal lines segment, with a closer look at how market forces and technological advancements are reshaping the industry: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=pcpersonal1216.
- U.S. Health 2017 Outlook – Negative: A.M. Best Senior Director Sally Rosen addresses the negative outlook on the U.S. health insurance industry, citing the pressure on insurers’ earnings amid an uncertain future for the Affordable Care Act: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=health1216.
- U.S. Life Reinsurance 2017 Rating Outlook – Stable: A.M. Best Director William Pargeans says the U.S. life reinsurance segment outlook is stable due to acceptable liability risk and a conservative investment approach, adding that interest in longevity business is growing: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=lifereinsurance1216.
A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M.BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2016 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.