TETTNANG, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Avira has just launched Avira Password Manager to provide users with an extra layer of protection for their privacy. The newly released product combines convenience with security as it generates, saves and encrypts passwords, and automatically logs into password-protected sites. Additionally, it enables you to synchronize your passwords across multiple devices and syncs across multiple browsers. From now on, wherever you go, you will have your passwords with you.
Between email, social media accounts, online banking and shopping, most internet users have a lot of places where they need to log in. To play safe, they should use a different password for every account. However, reality shows that a lot of people use the same password for multiple accounts, or change their passwords infrequently. According to a recent survey*, 41% of the participants never change their most important passwords and PIN codes for electronic devices and services. This makes it easy for cybercriminals to take over all accounts and cause a lot of damage once they have hacked the password. Here comes the Avira Free Password Manager into play, as it helps users generate and manage secure passwords easily across their accounts and devices.
“The Avira Password Manager does more than just save, secure, and encrypt passwords. It makes the digital life easier and more convenient for the user,” said Marius Balcanu, senior product manager at Avira. “In addition to saving the users from those awkward ‘forgot password’ moments, it enables them to take secure passwords across all of their devices, regardless of whether this is the laptop or PC at home, or a smartphone in their pocket.”
Solving the password hassle
As it is difficult for most people to create secure passwords which are unique for each account, uncrackable, and yet easy to remember, this is how the Avira Password Manager solves the password hassle:
- It saves passwords as the user logs into websites
- It automatically logs the user onto websites for which they have previously saved their password
- It offers to generate and save new strong passwords when registering to websites
- All passwords are encrypted behind one master password which protects an unlimited number of accounts. Each single saved password is encrypted with the AES 256-bit standard and known only to the user
- It allows users to import existing passwords in CSV format from other password managers, and from other applications (e.g. browser)
- It automatically backs up passwords and synchronizes them across multiple devices*
- Users can access and manage all passwords from an online dashboard*
The Avira Password Manager is available as of now as a free version and all premium features are free until March 2017.** The product can already be downloaded from the Avira website and app stores:
- Windows PCs: in-browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, and Avira Scout browser
- Mac: in-browser extension browser extension for Chrome and Firefox
- iOS: Apple App Store
- Android: Google Play and via the Avira website
* Source: Statista
** Premium features such as automatic backup of passwords and their synchronization across all devices, and the access and management of all passwords from the online dashboard, are free to use until March 2017.
- Windows & Mac: Chrome 32 and higher, Firefox 48 and higher, Avira Scout
- iOS 8.0 and higher
- Android 4.4 and higher
Avira protects people in the connected world - enabling everyone to manage, secure, and improve their digital lives. The Avira umbrella covers a portfolio of security, privacy and performance applications for Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS. In addition, the reach of our technologies extends through OEM partnerships. Our security solutions consistently lead in independent tests for detection, performance, and usability. Avira is a family-owned company with headquarters near Lake Constance, in Tettnang, Germany, and additional offices in Munich, Bucharest, Beijing, and Silicon Valley. A portion of Avira's sales support the Auerbach Foundation, which assists education, children, and families in need.
Avira provides IT-security protection to computers, smartphones, servers and networks, delivered as both software and cloud-based services. Visit www.avira.com.