IRVING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NEC Corporation of America (NEC), a leading provider and integrator of advanced IT, communications, networking, and biometric solutions, announced today that it was recognized by global research firm Frost & Sullivan with its Best Practice Award for Company of the Year for its NeoFace facial recognition software and the company’s strong adoption and performance in the government and public sector market.
The Frost & Sullivan award notes that: “NEC has consistently outperformed the competition by offering customized solutions for customers’ specific requirements. Its newly launched NeoFace portfolio is a testament to its deep technological expertise and understanding of customer needs, as it maximizes output according to the operational needs of diverse projects and use case. Its superior technology and core algorithms, including the capability to identify facial areas and unique facial features, have eliminated the challenges caused by poor illumination or image quality,” specifically:
“NEC’s ability to deal with the challenges of multiple environments and varying lighting conditions, combined with its rapid setup, allows it to meet a wide range of market requirements.”
See more here: http://best-practices.frost-multimedia-wire.com/nec
“Acknowledging the importance of timely detection and shorter engagement times for improved safety, security, and convenience, NEC has increased the speed of match processing in databases to up to 3.02 million images every second. This is almost twice the average processing speed of its competitors,” said Frost & Sullivan Senior Research Analyst Nandini Bhattacharya. “Furthermore, NeoFace guarantees customers 28% greater accuracy than the industry average.”
The benefits afforded by the NeoFace solution make it the face recognition technology of choice for government and public safety agencies, large enterprises, and corporations. Its applications include:
- Border Control—The solution matches the images of travelers with their electronic images in ePassports, empowering Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to identify visitors unlawfully seeking access into the country.
- Express Access Control—It uniquely enables rapid access (nearly 1,800 per hour) to secure locations, opening up numerous applications in border control and other venues.
- Departments of Transportation and Motor Vehicles—It reduces fraud by preventing issuance of multiple driver’s licenses to the same individual.
- Retail—For customers that already have video management software (VMS) and surveillance in their locations, NEC integrates its packages with leading VMS providers. This gives it a foothold in airports, malls, and other public areas already served by VMS.
- Authentication—The novel scope of implementation in the device authentication segment has helped do away with the traditional one-time password (OTP) authentication method.
Overall, NEC’s superior knowledge of the environments in which facial recognition applications are used, implementation of best practices, comprehensive purchase models, price performance, and customer purchase and support experience make it a leading brand in the North American market.
“NEC is very pleased to be awarded such a high profile honor,” said Raffie Beroukhim, senior vice president, Biometrics Solutions Division, NEC Corporation of America. “The award validates the visionary innovation of our NeoFace facial recognition portfolio and solutions, in addition to the impact and value it has brought to our government and public sector clients. Furthermore, the Company of the Year Award from Frost and Sullivan recognizes the team who have worked hard to deliver consistently accurate and extraordinary solutions making NEC a prime vendor of choice for government and enterprise markets.”
NEC information: www.necam.com
Facebook fan page: www.necam.com/facebook
© 2016 NEC Corporation of America. NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners.