NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In support of celebrations worldwide of female entrepreneurs, HSBC Private Bank is releasing a feature video of inspiring female business owners recounting their personal stories to entrepreneurial success.
The video will feature successful entrepreneurs from all over the world ranging from Caroline Pugh, co-founder of VirtualU in Washington D.C. to Fatima Al Shirawi of The Gracious F in Dubai. It aims to provide an insight into the careers and entrepreneurial journeys these female entrepreneurs have been through.
The full list of entrepreneurs featured includes:
- Caroline Pugh, Chief of Staff, NavHealth (Washington D.C., USA), a tech startup that develops 3D scanning technology and was named in Entrepreneur magazine’s ‘15 female Entrepreneurs to watch in 2015’.
- Masoom Minawala, CEO of Style Fiesta (Mumbai, India) – who founded the company when she was just 23, making her one of the youngest entrepreneurs in India
- Fatima Al Shirawi, founder of The Gracious F (Dubai, UAE) – who set up the lifestyle brand
- Sylvia Yin, co-founder of shopping app Shoppr (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) who was named in Forbes’ ‘30 under 30 Asia’ 2016 list
- Anna Carin-Nordin, founder of Hotel Anthropologist (Madrid, Spain) – who set up the hospitality consulting and management business for the hotel industry after a career in the luxury hotel sector that took her to all parts of Europe
Stuart Parkinson, Chief of Staff at HSBC Private Bank said, “According to our latest Essence of Enterprise research, female entrepreneurs make up 33 % of the entrepreneur population worldwide. Women across the world are launching and operating new enterprises at an ever faster pace. Today we’d like to celebrate these female entrepreneurs by sharing the inspiring stories of five business owners.”
You can read the full 2016 Essence of Enterprise report and view the infographics here.
The video will be available on: Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and on hsbcprivatebank.com. #entrepreneurs, #WomenWoW
Notes to editors
About HSBC Private Bank
Private Bank, a division of HSBC Bank USA, N.A., helps wealthy individuals, families and their businesses to grow, manage, and preserve their wealth across the generations. We provide personalized service and customized solutions across banking and liquidity management; financing; investment and brokerage; custody; wealth planning; trust and estate planning; and insurance. In the U.S., investment and brokerage services are provided through HSBC Securities (USA) Inc., and insurance products are provided through HSBC Insurance Agency (USA) Inc. In addition, we leverage HSBC's global capabilities, resources and expertise -- including capital markets, commercial real estate and middle market lending -- to address all aspects of our clients' wealth management needs.
About HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
HSBC Bank USA, National Association (HSBC Bank USA, N.A.), with total assets of US$198.8 bn as of 31 March 2016 (US GAAP), serves 2.4 million customers through retail banking and wealth management, commercial banking, private banking, asset management, and global banking and markets segments. It operates more than 229 bank branches throughout the United States. There are over 145 in New York as well as branches in: California; Connecticut; Delaware; Washington, D.C.; Florida; Maryland; New Jersey; Pennsylvania; Virginia; and Washington. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. is the principal subsidiary of HSBC USA Inc., an indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary of HSBC North America Holdings Inc. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. is a Member of the FDIC.