BENTONVILLE, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT):
- Diluted EPS was $0.98. Currency negatively impacted EPS by approximately $0.03.
- Total revenue was $118.2 billion, an increase of 0.7%. On a constant currency basis, total revenue was $120.3 billion, an increase of 2.5%.
- Walmart U.S. comp sales increased 1.2%, driven by a traffic increase of 0.7%. Neighborhood Market comp sales increased approximately 5.2%.
- Net sales at Walmart International were $28.4 billion, a decrease of 4.8%. Excluding currency impacts, net sales were $30.5 billion, an increase of 2.4%.
- Globally, on a constant currency basis, e-commerce sales and GMV increased 20.6% and 16.8%, respectively, representing continued acceleration. Excluding Yihaodian, GMV increased 28.6%.
- Consolidated operating income decreased 10.4%. As expected, investments in people and technology, as well as currency exchange rate fluctuations negatively impacted results. Excluding last year’s lease accounting benefit of $156 million, operating income decreased 7.9%.
- Year-to-date operating cash flow was $19.6 billion and free cash flow was $12.2 billion, both approximately $5 billion higher than last year led by improved working capital management.
- The company returned just under $3 billion to shareholders during the quarter through dividends of $1.5 billion and share repurchases of $1.4 billion.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 260 million customers and members visit our 11,593 stores under 63 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.4 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
Along with this press release, Walmart makes available a recorded call with executive leaders and a financial presentation to review the business results, provide strategic updates, and comment on expectations for the future. We provide that call in both audio form and in a written transcript. Details on accessing the call are as follows: